What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

Havana shave : Rum and cigar
Had a new RR Puros soap sitting in the basement for a while and after seeing a post about it decided to try it. Great scent out if the tube, smells 100% tobacco. Even the lather was brownish. Succeed to get a good lather and slickness was good. Got a little red dot due to little buffing with a new blade. Reminded me of a trip to Dominican Republic or Cuba with a good rum. Thanks to Pinaud clubman Virgin island.
Razor : FOCS
Blade : Astra sp (1)
Soap : RR Puros
Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel
AS : Pinaud clubman Virgin island bay rum
9.5/10
IMG_20201214_132900.jpg
IMG_20201214_133704.jpg

Last edited:
Havana shave : Rum and cigar
Had a new RR Puros soap sitting in the basement for a while and after seeing a post about it decided to try it. Great scent out if the tube, smells 100% tobacco. Even the lather was brownish. Succeed to get a good lather and slickness was good. Got a little red dot due to little buffing with a new blade. Reminded me of a trip to Dominican Republic or Cuba with a good rum. Thanks to Pinaud clubman Virgin island.
Blade : Astra sp (1)
Soap : RR Puros
9.5/10
View attachment 1195124View attachment 1195125
A great combo!

tempImageHflaT3.jpg

Stirling Haverford would be my recommendation here. A nice, warm, tobacco and vanilla scent. A rare example of a soap that I will catch a whiff of all throughout the day. The very dark soap results in a nice light tan colored lather, which is fun and different. I got this with two other Stirling soaps that are very nice (Piacenza and Black Cherry Glacial) but I like this so much that the other two sat unused and I went to this more than 20 days in a row.

Sir Smooth and Sharp, you can also finish off your tobacco shaves with a nice tobacco cologne!

View attachment 1195184
May I recommend Burberry London? It's my favorite winter fragrance. I also enjoy English Laundry Windsor, though it's less of a sweet tobacco scent and more of a dark tobacco scent.

Also, for an aftershave balm, may I recommend Korres Saffron and Tobacco? I recently purchased a 125ml tube for $5 at Ross. It works well with Burberry London and English Laundry Windsor.

Finally received today the rest of the soaps I ordered on Black friday.
Dusted off Derby extra to try them in this razor.
Razor : DS cosmetic Z0
Blade : Derby extra (1)
Brush : WCS 26mm torch silvertip
PS : Col conk ps oil
Soap : Blackship Grooming Captains Pipe
You can read the soap description on the picture but I would say that from the tube it smells only black cherry but during the shave you get a nice tobacco scent along with the black cherry. Brownish lather. Good slickness. Interesting scent and different of all I got so good addition to the den. The brush is also new and is by far the softess I got. A bit floppy but soft as a kitten. Divine feeling.
My first 2 pass BBS.( With a derby extra!)
10/10
IMG_20201218_150609.jpg
IMG_20201218_155050.jpg
IMG_20201218_155316.jpg

New soap today
Oleo Smoke on the water. Milky lather giving a good residual slickness. Scent is complex but I don't smell tobacco but definitely smells smoke with some pepper and honey. The blade was Dorco prime on 2nd shave and these doesnt pair well with the FOCS. Got 3 little red spots.
Blade : Dorco prime (2) and last
PS : Col conk ps oil
Soap : Oleo Smoke on the water
AS : Tabac :001_tt1:
IMG_20201219_172910.jpg
IMG_20201219_174032.jpg

Top Bottom