What's new

SOTD Monday Dec 26 - Sunday Jan 01

HlSheppard said:
I'm really not kidding here...

I had a soft, smooth face at 11:00pm last night. Granted it took twice the time, so - it's only fair to get twice the "life" out of that shave... :biggrin:

Randy - I used to LOVE that Cigar cologne. They haven't made it for years - mind if I ask where you scored that bottle??

Howard,

I picked up Cigar at Ross Dress for Less when I picked up my Woods of Windsor, several months ago.

Randy

Austin said:
Randy, the cologne sounds interesting. Can you describe the scent and how long does it last?

No.

Just kidding, well, no, I can't. However, Basenotes can!

Top Notes
Lavender

MIddle Notes
Basil, Coriander

Base Notes
Sage, Tonka, Musk

If I apply it in the am, ususally around 8:00, I'll still get whiffs into mid-afternoon. It's a great winter scent, and matched up well with the patchouli shaving soap and a/s I am wearing today. I don't think this is for the under 30 crowd, but I could be wrong.

Randy

Art Of Shaving Lemon Soap in a Bowl
Art Of Shaving Lemon Aftershave Balm
Art Of Shaving "Starter Kit" Brush
Merkur Futur with Exchange Select CrPt
Truefitt & Hill Freshman Eau de Cologne

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin said:
Merkur HD razor
SMF brush
AOS Sandalwood shave cream
Harris Milk
Floris Sandalwood EDT

I am a fan of the AOS Sandalwood shave cream.....good stuff. Also, my very first cream.

Merkur Slant Bar w/ Feather blade
Truefitt & Hill soap (wooden bowl stuff)
New (at least to me) Shavemac XXL Horn Handle brush :tongue_sm
Pacific Shave Oil for each pass (I'm loving this stuff)
QED DaVinci Water
Hydrolast A/s balm (in peppermint)
Ultra Shave "finishing" conditioner

Jack Black "Black Mark" EDP

My first shave with the T&H soap and I must say it's GREAT stuff!

HlSheppard said:
I'm really not kidding here...

I had a soft, smooth face at 11:00pm last night. Granted it took twice the time, so - it's only fair to get twice the "life" out of that shave... :biggrin:

Randy - I used to LOVE that Cigar cologne. They haven't made it for years - mind if I ask where you scored that bottle??
It's still available on the 'net. Google it and you'll find it. Like here:
http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/m...&cur_letter=c&gender=M&mv_pc=ZgoogleSpecific8

Cliff

Wow - thanks guys!

I never even checked the web. I was told by the place where I used to buy it (the local JR Cigar store) that it was out of production. :blushing:

a shower with Roger & Gallet Imperial Bouquet soap
hot prep
Dovo straight
Kent brush
Trumpers almond shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturiser
Givenchy Gentleman eau de toilette

My first shave with Trumpers almond cream, and I think it's very good. Close to Taylors in lather and performance! :a14:

Jeff

Showered With St. Charles Shave New Spice Bath Gel

7/8 Filarmonica "Doble Temple"
QEDman Pine & Cedarwood Shave Stick
Proraso Aftershave Splash
Proraso Aftershave Balm

Shiseido Basala / Basara EdT

smoothfacejeff said:
Rik, Trumpers almond is great, I like the scent a lot. I hope to buy it again when it's finished.

Jeff
Glad you like it. It's currently my favorite almond scented shaving soap.

HlSheppard said:
Wow - thanks guys!

I never even checked the web. I was told by the place where I used to buy it (the local JR Cigar store) that it was out of production. :blushing:
If this is the same cologne, keep an eye on eBay. I picked up three bottles a month or so ago for $11 each. Two for myself and one as a gift.

The Cigar Cologne I have is by Remy Latour. I searched Basenotes for just "Cigar" and the Remy Latour is all that came up. The packaging certainly looks almost identical.

Randy

Rik, I seem to like just about all almond creams. DR Harris, C & E, Taylors, Trumpers, etc. Now, I have to start buying the soaps.

Jeff

rtaylor61 said:
The Cigar Cologne I have is by Remy Latour. I searched Basenotes for just "Cigar" and the Remy Latour is all that came up. The packaging certainly looks almost identical.

Randy
Basenotes definitely lists different fragrance notes for each. The stuff I have is from Cuba and very enjoyable. I'll have to keep my eye open for the Remy Latour. Weird that the packaging is so similar.

Top Bottom