What's new

SOTD Monday Dec 26 - Sunday Jan 01

My FIRST SOTD pics, although its from the 29th, here it is.

A Sandalwood day!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
AACJ said:
My FIRST SOTD pics, although its from the 29th, here it is.

A Sandalwood day!

full

Oh oh, this ain't good!! Can anyone see my picture?

GOT IT!! Whew!

I can see it, Art, though it is a bit small. Good job! I have that same injector, and brush, and... :wink:

You could easily cut your pixel density by a third and it will still look fine on the web, and won't eat up space so quick. Check out some of the software that came with your camera - there should be some utility for this.

full

Timor Hamburg Ring 6/8, Saville Row 241, Em's Strenghtning Soap, Natureade aloe 80, Old Spice.

Randy

full

L'Alpin 6/8 Straight, Savile Row 208, C&E Almond S/Cream, St. Charles A/S Balm, Tabac Cologne

Randy

I just got this out of the camera. It's from Christmas Day:

C & E Sandalwood Shampoo and Bath Soap

C & E Sandalwood Shave Soap

Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne

As you can see, there is a Sandalwood pattern going on here!

full

Randy,
How and when do you use the Aloe Vera gel shown?

Would you see a benefit to incorporate it into the soap itself?
Sue

Sue said:
Randy,

Sue

Sue,

When I gave up my Atra and started using a DE, the Aloe was recommended on another forum for razur burn. I quickly learned that it was a great moisturizer, and helped a great deal with razor burn. Well, half a year later when using a DE, razor burn is not an issue, but I still like it as a moisturizer. It dries with a matte finish, no scent and to me, it's not heavy. However, when I use a straight, I'm still having some minor issues with razor burn in my lower neckline. The Aloe quashes the fire! Until recently, the Aloe was the only post shave treatment I used. Since I'm not a soapmaker, I don't understand how you could incorporate it into the soap. You would be the expert, but in reality, a good shave consists of a smooth face w/o razor burn. There would definitely be a benefit to it being in the soap. Tonight (Friday) I shaved with Em's shaving soap. When I was done, 95% of my face felt moisturized. Just the lower neckline was an issue. Hope this makes sense.

Randy

Sue said:
Randy,

Sue

Sue,
I think I can be of some assistance here! :biggrin:
The Aloe Vera Gel is used as an aftershave. Basically you take a small dime, to have dime sized portion, and spread it across the shaved region, and proceed to massage it into your skin. It is WONDERFUL at releiving irritation, and really works wonders. It is also wickedly inexpenisve, and a bottle goes a terribly long way. Including it in shaving soap typically is not to terribly effective, as if it is applied afterwards, and allowed to sink in, and remain on/in the skin, it has an effect, where as if it is just immedietly washed away after shaving, it doesn't provide that much of a benefit.

As you stated in an earlier post - you try other soaps and what not - you might want to try WillG's "Emerald" soaps, as they are aloe vera based, and using your husband as a guinea pig :spockflam you can explore any potential benefits!! :biggrin:

Edwin Jagger DE w/ Feather Platinum Blade
T&H mini super badger brush
QED Tangerine and Spearmint Shave Stick
QEDman DaVinci Water
Feather Aftershave Balm

Hoffritz Slant Bar razor
SMF shave brush
Taylors Lemon/Lime shave cream
Proraso Crema Liquida
Pecksniffs Fresh Citrus EDC

Thanks Guys!

Aloe is already in my Aftershaves. I guess it wouldn't add any value to a soap since it is washed off. Possibly as a 'preventative' ingredient. Hmm, have to think about that more and maybe try a test bar.

Sue

Merkur Futur with Exchange Select CrPt (Not Shown in Photo)
SR 208 Superbadger
Body Shop Shave Cream
QED DaVinci Water
Eddie Bauer Pure Aftershave Balm
Eddie Bauer Pure EdT

full

AACJ said:
I just got this out of the camera. It's from Christmas Day:

C & E Sandalwood Shampoo and Bath Soap

C & E Sandalwood Shave Soap

Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne

As you can see, there is a Sandalwood pattern going on here!

full
Hey Art!
Is that Sandal Claus in the picture?

shower with Roger & Gallet soap
my great hot prep
Edwin Jagger brush
Dovo straight razor
DR Harris Arlington shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturiser
Santos de Cartier eau de toilette
I want to shave, look, and smell my absolute best for this special evening! A healthy, and prosperous and happy New Year to everyone!

Best wishes! :smile:

Jeff

Shower: Molton Brown Recharge Black Pepper Bodywash, Baxters shampoo and conditioner, Nancy Boy Mild Facial Wash

Shave:
Merkur Futur with Feather blade
Edwin Jagger for C&E best badger brush
QED Patchouli/Tea tree/Peppermint shave stick
Musgo Real aftershave
full

It has been a while since I used the same aftershave splash two days in a row. This Musgo Real is fantastic - leaves your face feeling wicked good. The shave stick was extremely cooling also. Very nice shave.

Truefitt and Hill 1805 - Shave Cream
Trumpers Sandalwood - Cologne

full

Cariad Shave Oil Prep
Proraso/Omega Brush
Proraso Soap
Merkur Futur with Derby Blade
Simple Witch Hazel Toner
Proraso Pre/Post Cream
CK Be EDT