Status
Not open for further replies.
Fri 31 Island SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Aftershave Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Finally get to travel for work. A quick island shave in preparation for a pleasurable underwater work.....lather just nice with pleasant scent and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was smooth and comfortable. 3 multiple passes for a DFS++ result with no issues.
Just slap on cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. Rating 9/10
Felt good and ready to meet my underwater friends. Unfortunately encountered am storms...pm was much better condition.....
20200731_113636.jpg

SOTD FRIDAY, JULY 31, 2020

Same old, same old! DFS in three careful passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) on the mug further elevated into the ‘velveteen zone’ thanks to the Feather Super equipped RazoRock Hawk V3. Still struggling with straight razor stubble reduction. Minor right cheek weeper on my third and final XTG pass which disappeared after my MWF wash with the brush squeezings. The Hawk made short work of the noggin stubble in two passes (WTG, ATG) leaving me again velveteen, clean and cool!

RAZOR: DD Goldedge (Mug), Hawk V3 (Dome & Mug Cleanup)
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 24mm Synthetic Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Mentholated Mysterium Serum.

2E62DD3B-8EDC-4623-905E-AF8003E82DF2.jpeg

You can read up on it here my friend.

Awesome, thanks! Sounds like a great razor, which I've come to expect from Razorock at this point.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, July 31st 2020

Razor: Star bar #4 model lather catcher (Kampfee brothers NY)- Mfg 1920- Excellent lather catcher, great audio, good daily driver!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, :001_wub:
Soap: Razorock Lavender - one of my favorites. great scent and lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- great inexpensive brush that I have been using for almost 4 years, marvelous!
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my Star bar lather catcher.
SE SOTD,Fri, July 31st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday, 7/31:

20200731_114708.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "LP" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Mystic Waters Raspberry Lemon
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

How in the heck did they do it? A negative blade exposure, and the razor still shaves this close. I don't get it. The brush and soap gave a terrific slick lather. Is there any soap that leaves more residual slickness after you rinse? It's incredible. Just an excellent shave where everything performed to the utmost degree.

IMG_20200731_172621_823.jpg

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Zingari Man The Explorer
Brush: Yaqi 26MM Dice Handle Tuxedo
Razor: Executive Shaving The Outlaw
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword (4)
A/S: Zingari Man The Explorer
Balm: Zingari Man The Explorer

First time for me trying out Zingari Man. Good soap, pleasant lightly scented, nice lather, slick, very good conditioning feel on the face. I like it. The Outlaw razor gets better with every shave. Yaqi brush was great. Not a perfect shave but still, really enjoyable. Have a great weekend.​

My first razor was a Wilkinson just like this one. I think these came out in 1970 so I must have picked mine up around then. I have read that these are the first cartridge razors on the market. The head is very much like that of an injector and there is only a single quality blade. Upon moving to Hawaii a few years later, I couldn't find replacement cartridges so I bought a Schick injector. I decided to buy this particular razor just to take a short trip down memory lane. It shaves and sounds like an injector!

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Catridge
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200730_084846.jpg

Well I am of The North...so why not some CBL Iron Throne to start the day! I can’t get over this scent and the soap performs beautifully. I don’t have the scent notes for it but there are juniper berries in It with some smoke and subtle leather. You have to use your own nose for this one. It has a couple of cooling agents in there and they are just enough to throw a chill without any heavy menthol.

Continuing on with the trio today we have the 1956 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed. Middle of the road between Blue and Red but a very fine shaver and the standard by which many a Super Speed was made. Loaded up with a Gillette Rubie.

Beautiful three pass BBS shave which was capped off with an icy blast of Duke Cannon Supply Co. Ice Cold Balm. A little Bvlgari Man to finish off and we are ready for Friday and the long weekend. August approaches....and of course Winter is Coming....

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: CBL Iron Throne
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Co. Ice Cold
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bvlgari Man
499DB264-C85E-49EE-9272-11FD3685457F.jpeg

Fixed Four SOTD #6

FF_2020-07-21.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 2020 SS Gillette Tech with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (7)
ASL: Proraso Red

Gosh! It's nice to be back with the Fixed Four after the intermission. Yet another lovely shave, and it's so good to be back with the familiar (and well loved) scents of Vitos Red soap and Proraso Red ASL. It's like coming home again. :biggrin:

I'll attempt not to stray from this Fixed Four again, till it's over. As much as I enjoyed yesterday's intermission shave, it's shown me that my current FF is a great choice (for me) and will no doubt improve even more before it ends (whenever that may be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom