What's new

SOTD Free Week July 27 - August 2 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat shave 1.jpg

Saturday’s Shave

Today’s shave is with GD Mallard RC Soap. I am getting to the end of this soap. This time I am using my Rudy Vey Brush with a Shavemac D01 two band knot. The razor is Gillette Tech razor with a Personna Lab blade. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance was TOBS Sandalwood.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 1st 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> Great 2 pass slant razor and good for the budget minded also.
Blade: Polsilver SI (2) Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with a first shave not the smoothest.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Nice scent but a thirsty soap with good lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, black whiskers- good synthetic with a good scrub properties with soft tip(boar-ish)
Pre shave: Wash face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a tiny do;llop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant razor.

DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sat 1st Aug Island SOTD
Cream Arko
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Elios Inoxidable 1st
Aftershave Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Arko is really good stuff! Thick creamy and slick! Nice mild scent too.
Shave with razor paired with new blade was terrific! Can feel sharpness yet it was very smooth and comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes with no issues at all. Very close shave result...bbs to dfs.
Good aftershave...cooling and soothing...rating today 9.5/10
Signature par-3 hole across the bay...
20200801_181853.jpg

My profile island picture...
20200801_183528.jpg

Sat 1st Aug Island SOTD
Cream Arko
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Shave with razor paired with new blade was terrific! Can feel sharpness yet it was very smooth and comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes with no issues at all. Very close shave result...bbs to dfs.
View attachment 1133419
View attachment 1133420
Lovely scenery! Thanks :)

1 Aug 20
Razor
: Fatip Grande Gold
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (0)
Brush: 26mm DS cosmetic S/L brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Booster Cigar bar AS / Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200731_123211.jpg

Sat 1st Aug Island SOTD
Cream Arko
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
View attachment 1133419
View attachment 1133420
Well, um, that's just perfect.

SOTD SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, 2020

This month’s TSD theme is ‘Go for the Gold’ coined by our erudite 30DC shavemaster from the Latin, ‘Aurum’ meaning gold. Do I hear the opener from Barber of Seville in the background? In keeping with that theme, I will include a gold safety razor or my Dovo Special which is the only straight razor I have with som gold on the blade as I continue my face-shaving straight razor focus this month. I am hoping that my anxiety while straight shaving will dissipate at some point so I can actually enjoy my face shaves.

My August kickoff shave went as expected. The three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) resulted in a bloodless DFS which I cleaned up with my favorite Valet Auto Strop, the VC4. This model represents 40 years of incremental improvements and is easily one of the best shaving safety razors I own, vintage or modern. After ensuring the facial VBBS, it readily smoothed out my scalp stubble to the accustomed VBBS level by gliding through and brushing away the usual, slick MWF coating leaving your humble narrator in his usual cool, clean state of velveteen bliss!

RAZOR: Genco 35 (Mug), Valet Auto Strop VC4(Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub withRabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite.

270744D3-6946-49AD-B197-774089450CE8.jpeg

Tatara Nodachi SB/Kai (2). For whatever reason the Kai has slightly non standard cutouts for which the precisely machined Tatara was not designed. Thus the blade has to be pushed with considerable vigor onto the cap to properly seat in the head. Superb shave.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SOTD 01st August 2020: A woody shave despite the weather

sotd01082020.jpg

Soap Proraso Sandalwood
Razor Fatip OC
Brush Simpsons Duke 1 best
Blade Wilkinson
After shave balm L'Oreal barberclub (cedar essential oil).
WTG+XGT

Actually surprised by the balm, very soothing without being greasy. A bit on the sweet side for cedar but very pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom