What's new

Soap user likes creams

I use soaps, have for years, mostly Williams and Old Spice, but more recently Tabac, a puck from a guy on the bay, and one a local soapmaker made. My wife got me a tub a couple of weeks ago of Body Shop Maca Root cream and I am quite taken by it. I like the lather of the Tabac but the cream is so much more, well, creamy. Richer, moisturizing. I've been thinking of the Proraso that, I think, has tea tree oil in it. I use a tea tree shampoo and it makes my scalp tingle. Does the Proraso also leave your face tingly? This would be a good thing.
It's funny, I use the soaps all the time and only use the cream for "special occasions" when I want to take some special care. I need more creams so they won't seem like special occasion care, and I can put them in my regular rotation. So is the Proraso tea tree the way to go, or should I (also) get the Kiss My Face cream. I have heard good about it.
And I just had my RAD under some control...

I think Proraso has menthol, not Tea Tree Oil. It does have a significant cooling effect due to the menthol, so if that's what you're looking for, Proraso might be a good option. Also, it can be found at Bath and Body Works (re-branded by C.O. Bigelow, in the green tube) for around $10.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I currently have more creams than soaps. Since creams have a shorter shelf-life I am going through them at the moment trying a soap on Sundays. I would hate to throw something out because it turned bad...

Proraso superlather is awesome (Green cream + White soap).

I use soaps, have for years, mostly Williams and Old Spice, but more recently Tabac, a puck from a guy on the bay, and one a local soapmaker made. My wife got me a tub a couple of weeks ago of Body Shop Maca Root cream and I am quite taken by it. I like the lather of the Tabac but the cream is so much more, well, creamy. Richer, moisturizing. I've been thinking of the Proraso that, I think, has tea tree oil in it. I use a tea tree shampoo and it makes my scalp tingle. Does the Proraso also leave your face tingly? This would be a good thing.
It's funny, I use the soaps all the time and only use the cream for "special occasions" when I want to take some special care. I need more creams so they won't seem like special occasion care, and I can put them in my regular rotation. So is the Proraso tea tree the way to go, or should I (also) get the Kiss My Face cream. I have heard good about it.
And I just had my RAD under some control...

Tom's of Maine Mint can be found in the grocery store

Top Bottom