What's new

Soap maintenance…

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I never introduce any more water into the tub. Most of the lather builds up along the edge, so after i'm done loading i'll use my finger to scoop it out and add to my face. Then i'll complete my shave. The final step is wipe the inside and outside edge with a towel to get any remaining lather out. Some is leftover around the middle part of the soap but it evaporates quick. Put the cover back on (ensure there is no water inside the cover), store it in the cabinet, and that's all. Never had a problem doing this. No chance i am adding any more water to the tub just to clean out the remaining lather. It's already dry by the end of my shave.
Exactly this.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I use a damp brush (Shake out most of the water) then load directly from the tub, just enough moisture to pick up soap. Then I lather in a bowl and add water as needed. By the time I'm done shaving and clean up the soap in the tub is dry. My brushes are synthetic, not sure if that make a difference.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
BTW, Martin de Candre shaving soap is not milled, but it is cured for 6-9 months according to their site.

I scoop from the tub into a lather bowl wherever possible. Triple milled hard pucks get loaded straight off the puck and left to dry for 24 hours before closing. I don’t bother rinsing the lather off the puck anymore.

Top Bottom