What's new

soap containers

I was just reading through some old ads by Rolls razor co, and noticed they were advertising their new plastic container and how marvelous it is.
and I got to thinking that they are not that far off:)
it doesn't warp, doesn't color the soap, doesn't crack doesn't stain, is lightweight.

For example my wilkinson sword soap dish seals pretty well, and would likely outlast me if I keep refilling it. I think I'd rather have a shave stick for traveling, but as a second option this dish seems hard to beat.

I was planning to buy or make a wooden container, now I've done a complete about face and I'm sticking to plastic.
:lol:

anybody have any suggestions for a superior soap container at a cheap price?
Especially Interested in suggestions for travel container ideas:)

I was just reading through some old ads by Rolls razor co, and noticed they were advertising their new plastic container and how marvelous it is.
and I got to thinking that they are not that far off:)
it doesn't warp, doesn't color the soap, doesn't crack doesn't stain, is lightweight.

For example my wilkinson sword soap dish seals pretty well, and would likely outlast me if I keep refilling it. I think I'd rather have a shave stick for traveling, but as a second option this dish seems hard to beat.

I was planning to buy or make a wooden container, now I've done a complete about face and I'm sticking to plastic.
:lol:

anybody have any suggestions for a superior soap container at a cheap price?

I use Mama Bear's either refilled, or empties that she sells. Smaller tupperware-type containers also work well, but can be too wide if your shave den/medicine chest has narrow shelves.

I'm a big fan of the porcelain bowls used for dips/salsa. I love the heavy weight they have in your hand that you just can't get from plastic or even wood.

I use these little glass dishes with lids from Wal Mart. You can find them on the end of the aisle with all the kitchen utensils. I think they are less than $2, I am currently mashing a Tabac refill milled up into this one. Works great! I even dropped a puck of VDH Deluxe in one and microwaved it for 20 seconds, melted the soap beautifully and now I have a stylish dish!
View attachment 36285

View attachment 36286

I bought a 4-pack of 1-cup Anchor Hocking bowls at Wally World. Cost $6 or so. Tabac and IK fit perfectly. Had to trim the T&H just a little and mashed the Cade in there after I softened it up. They are glass with plastic lids that seal tight.

They look nicer than tupperware for the money.

I bought a 4-pack of 1-cup Anchor Hocking bowls at Wally World. Cost $6 or so. Tabac and IK fit perfectly. Had to trim the T&H just a little and mashed the Cade in there after I softened it up. They are glass with plastic lids that seal tight.

Agreed!

For travel Rubbermaid makes a little screw top plastic bowl that sells for 4 for like $1.50. I nuked some VDH into it and it's what I keep for travel now.

There are some good tips in here.

Looks like a trip to wally world is in my future. (maybe I'm psychic... maybe it's maybeline)

There are some good tips in here.

Looks like a trip to wally world is in my future. (maybe I'm psychic... maybe it's maybeline)

+1 for sure. I think I have a trip to walmart in my future just about every day, whether I like it or not. It seems like everything I need is there.

I use these little glass dishes with lids from Wal Mart. You can find them on the end of the aisle with all the kitchen utensils. I think they are less than $2, I am currently mashing a Tabac refill milled up into this one. Works great! I even dropped a puck of VDH Deluxe in one and microwaved it for 20 seconds, melted the soap beautifully and now I have a stylish dish!
View attachment 36285

View attachment 36286

I haven't seen these, probably because I wasn't looking for them. I get the other ones, the ones that come in a 4 pack and have a blue plastic tight fitting lid. But what I'm trying to say is that maybe I could work a couple of these guys with glass lids into the program, just to throw a little variety in there.

I went today to Wally World and picked them up. Thanks for the suggestion, they work great.

Top Bottom