What's new

Soap Collection Pictures

1684733977610.png

1684734003168.png

This is my current collection, including most of my samples. I just started, but expect I'm not alone in a collection like this. I wonder how long it will last.

View attachment 1658205
View attachment 1658206

This is my current collection, including most of my samples. I just started, but expect I'm not alone in a collection like this. I wonder how long it will last.
My collection is about half of that. You have very good taste. I might add, i only got had one soap for the first six months of wet shaving lol.
I have now classified my soaps as winter/fall and spring/summer.
Love your taste in soaps!

My purchases were heavily influenced by reviews on this forum (and I got a bunch of RazoRock because they were on sale). So far I have found that shaving soap is like most anything else in life. Some love what others hate, and there's a whole lot in-between. I'm trying to find my favorites.
Great approach. I have several rr soaps. I like the scent. That said, I have maybe 12 grooming dept soaps. Love those. But even there, not all are for me.

You still have Proraso, Tabac, and a tube of Palmolive to go....
I've got Tabac (bottom of first photo), but have an interested in many others. So much soap to try & my beard will only grow so fast...

Great approach. I have several rr soaps. I like the scent. That said, I have maybe 12 grooming dept soaps. Love those. But even there, not all are for me.
I have yet to try my Grooming Dept Luxor soap but when I do, based on the comments in this forum, I expect a pillar of light to descend from heaven and to hear a voice telling me that this is "the chosen one." Until then, I think it looks & smells like a wickless Yankee Candle.

I'm guessing it would last me around 8-10+ years (not including the samples).

When will you stop? How much is enough? 😁
I guess I shouldn't mention that I liked the Cella red I used this morning so much that I was considering getting a Kilo.

After all, I did suggest investing in soap, before prices go up or your favorite becomes unobtainable. If Cella reformulates their red without tallow and the performance suffers, I'll wish I had a kilo of it.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I liked the Cella red I used this morning so much that I was considering getting a Kilo.
In case you do, Cella Red doesn't keep that well for some reason. You'd have to divide it up then put it in the fridge or freezer. The kilo is made for pro barbers.

I've got Tabac (bottom of first photo), but have an interested in many others. So much soap to try & my beard will only grow so fast...

I have yet to try my Grooming Dept Luxor soap but when I do, based on the comments in this forum, I expect a pillar of light to descend from heaven and to hear a voice telling me that this is "the chosen one." Until then, I think it looks & smells like a wickless Yankee Candle.

I find that the GD scents all vary. There are some I just don’t like. That said, I have heard great things of Luxor so give it a chance. And the soap quality is way better than anything I have used.

I don't have a pic of my complete soap rotation yet. I'm getting low on a few so I picked up a new sample set. Chiseled Face. Tomorrow I will randomly pick one. Last sample set was Southern Witchcrafts that yielded a purchase of Autumn Ash and Samhain. No clue what this set will get me to buy.
IMG_20230525_150828306~2.jpg

Top Bottom