What's new

So What Did I Get? A Good Deal?

Picked this up at a flea market. Still brand new and sealed in its packaging.
Did I get a good un?

8F469AF0-AA90-4C3A-9B48-E377AFA86319.jpeg
C4EB06D9-436B-4B95-A952-34BEA3C4C234.jpeg

The Slim is an excellent shaver. In fact, I gave two of my three boys, well young adult children at this point, Slims. I also paid more, around $35 each if I recall correctly, and they were not new old stock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Depends on if you already have one to use, if you do I would keep it sealed. $5 is a good deal since Nos ones usually go for much much more.

Think about it this way. You found it, you bought it, you only paid $5. Unless you are living cheque to cheque and need the $60-80 it'll fetch and the hassle of shipping it and coordinating payment ....use it. If you don't use DE, then pass it along to someone else and make a few bucks on eBay. It'll never be worth hundreds or thousands, and if it ever does reach that value, we will all be long gone.

How many other people can say they own and bought their 1960s Gillette Slim? I paid $5-10 for most of my Slims and Fatboys, but none were NOS.

If you don't use it and keep it sealed, you'll probabbly just stick it in a drawer and not appreciate it.

Nice. A used but decent Slim, without case, I got off ebay 10 years ago must have cost me at least $20. I gave it to a brother-in-law. I didn't like my Slim or Fat Boy. Too many variables.

Yeah, you got an amazing deal. What I might do is buy a used one off of the /r/shave_bazaar or eBay for maybe $25 and see if you like the way it shaves. If you do, I might start enjoying yours. It's definitely an amazing piece of history for sure. that is an adjustable razor that has been loved by many many guys over the years , and has great construction .

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I’m really happy with my Merkur Futur. I messed with a few different razors, but the Futur is the one I keep coming back to. So I’d likely just keep the old Gillette as decoration.

Top Bottom