What's new

So long 23c

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not saying it was, but that kind of failure can be caused by overtightening. If you're going tighter than just snug, it's probably too much.
I read that somewhere on here, and have TRIED to not over tighten my one Zamak head. Tough though, when you are as manly as I am!

That happened to me as well, some two months after I'd purchased the razor. Merkur declined to either replace it or sell me a replacement cap. I no longer recommend Merkur to anyone.

How is that even legal?

Don’t you have statutory warranties under consumer law where you live?

I've had the same thing happen to me, only it was one of the two bullet guides in the top cap rather than the center post. And it was a Schone Open Comb, which is made of brass. Fortunately they are so cheap, I just bought a new one.

I may just end up getting the RR German 37 head and being done with it. I don’t use straight bars anymore anyways. The value was more sentimental than anything.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I was already getting the Parker Semi Slant after the first of the year anyways. It just gives me a reason to get the German 37 head now. ;)
nice, and we thought being a wetshaver would save us alot of money....

btw do check out rockwell 6C or 2C. you would be pleasantly surprised

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would hope that the manufacturer stands by his product and offers a replacement. Interested to hear what they have to say.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I may just end up getting the RR German 37 head and being done with it. I don’t use straight bars anymore anyways. The value was more sentimental than anything.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019
I love mine. No real learning curve, and can make an "okay" blade better.

It is quite a good razor and, IMO, perfect for the beginner. It shaved me well until I discovered slants and never looked back.

Here is the initial response from them via the contact form:

Hello, please refer to your dealer for spare parts. If you are in the USA you may refer to Col. Conk. Col. Ichabod Conk Products, Inc.

P.O. Box 1432 Los Lunas, NM 87031

Phone: 505-866-6230 | Fax: 505-866-6204

E-mail: [email protected]

Business Hours:

Monday thru Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm MST

This is just basically telling to me buy a replacement top cap. It's not cool so far.

I have sent an email directly to Merkur/Dovo with a picture as well. I will see what further response I receive.

Just received this:

Dear Mr. Craddock,
thanks for your e-mail, please let me have your full address, I will then send you a new head for your MERKUR No. 23 C, free of charge.
Kindest regards
Uschi Christ
Sales dept.

DOVO Stahlwaren Bracht GmbH & Co. KG
Boecklinstr. 10
42719 SOLINGEN GERMANY
phone: ++49-212-2300113 fax: ++49-212-313612
email: [email protected] website: www.dovo.com

<<DOVO>> Stahlwaren Bracht GmbH & Co. KG, Wuppertal HRA 19407
P.h.G.: Bracht GmbH, Wuppertal HRB 14822
Geschäftsführer: Markus Kirschbaum, Ulrich Wiethoff
USt.-Id-Nr. DE120 959 158, Finanzamt Solingen-St. Nr. 128/5911/4376

Well that settles that. I can't complain about that.

Not saying it was, but that kind of failure can be caused by overtightening. If you're going tighter than just snug, it's probably too much.

All I ever do I just snug it down. I do a lot of control panel in my profession and that keeps me from over tightening things. lol.

I can't complain at all. It also helps to be a nightshifter since is day time over there right now. :) It made it easier to take care of.

It's great to hear that Merkur is taking care of you. I've heard that they had excellent customer service. This seems to be the proof.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome, Brian.

There is nothing quite like great customer service! Makes me want to rush home and pull out my 34C. And I have a brand new 23C waiting for my daughter for Christmas after she left hers in the shower at university and someone took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom