What's new

Sir Hare = Awesome

I wanted to give some love to Sir Hare Classic Barber shaving soap. I've been trying a few different soaps and creams lately and Sir Hare turned out to be fantastic. To be honest I had never heard of it until I ran across it online a couple of months ago. I liked the hare logo so I decided what the heck and purchased a tub.

For those that have never used it, they put 4oz in a large 8oz tub which makes loading your brush super easy (the container also has a waterproof label). It has a light classic barber shop scent that won't linger too long or clash with your aftershave. It took me a few times using the product before I got the lathering method down. I get best results with a boar brush and more water than usual. Once I got the soap/water ration correct, it lathers exceptionally well and provides a nice thick, slick, and very protective lather. So far I have gotten the closest, least irritation shaves of any product I've used. Post shave feel is also excellent.

If you haven't tried Sir Hare shaving soap, I highly recommend giving it a try.

I have classic barber too and it's really nice! Unique scent and great performance!

Highly recommended!!

Good review.

I have a tub that I bought shortly after I bought my first brushes. I don't use it as much as most of my others, but it is a good soap. It lathers pretty easily, it makes a quite nice and luxurious lather, with good slickness and cushion. I don't love or hate the smell, to me it is pretty generic soapy with a little extra powdery smell added in. I have a lot of soaps and creams, several that I love and several others I like more than the Sir Hare so it doesn't get a lot of use. Note, for me it is just that the scent is pretty neutral, I don't particularly like it but it isn't offensive in any way, and that is a very subjective thing that is very different from person to person. In purely performance characteristics it is top notch so it is definitely worth trying and everyone should give it a shot IMO. Heck, even with the scent being pretty "meh" to me, there are times when I'm in the mood for the scent and I just may replace the container when I run out.

They must have reformulated the soap again, the tin I have is nearly impossible to get a good lather, scent of 3rd eye is a subtle sandalwood that smells nice but have not had any success with Sir Hare soaps, may have to do a test lather and see if things have changed over time.

Top Bottom