What's new

Single edge blade guide

I remove the spine first.
20210122_133737.jpg

White rock. Thanks for the reply. I have de-spined them in the past too. What I have found since then is that the spine is easy to cut aluminum and is held on by small circular stamped indentations at the very edge of each side of the spine. Those little circular stamps are visible on only one side of the spine. If you make a diagonal cut that just removes the indentations the spine will come off with your fingers and you don’t need to remove the cardboard edge protector. Also that then makes the blades fit in my two VC 1 razors.

Admittedly, I am new to trimming blades but fiddling around with blades when the cutting edge is exposed has really gotten me a couple of times already!
FYI- I have a beautiful gold vc1 that I hesitated to shave with (just too nice). So, I picked up a nickel one at a nearby antique mall that looked a bit rough—but cleaned up really nice. I had shaved once with the gold one and it was great. Today I tried the nickel one and YIKES. Very aggressive. Close shave but a couple of weepers. We shall see.

Top Bottom