What's new

Simpson Quality Control Assessment

Have you had any problems with a Current Simpson Brush?

• None: Brush is built like a tank

• Very Minor: Nothing to worry about

• Moderate: Starting to get seriously concerned

• Severe: Brush Return/Repair was needed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you had problems with a Simpson Brush?

This only applies to brushes purchased within the last year or so and have been used for at least one month.

Note: You may vote for more than item on the poll if you have more than one Simpson brush.

I've had 5 Simpson brushes purchased within the last year. 2 shed (PJ2 Super and Chubby 1 Best). I still have the Chubby and I'm hoping it calms down soon.

I bought a Chubby 1 Super in late August that has seen daily use with very few rotations of my other brushes. To date it has lost one hair.

I voted for severe, because one was returned and another may go back as well. But I had three others that were built like tanks.

About a year ago there were a number of problems reported with Simpsons. They seem to have been corrected since then.

My Duke 2 is going back tomorrow for an exchange and I may buy another Simo' as well. Would I be correct in thinking that the problem brushes were mainly from about a year ago (which ties in with my Duke) So any new stock should be OK.

They're *** in my opinion. I'll never buy another after having multiple problems. I currently have a half dozen of them on my shelf.

how soon -- or how many shaves into the brush -- did your problems develop? I'm wondering, because I have a pretty new PJ2 in super that I've used maybe a dozen times or so, and it's lost maybe a hair or two. Have the problem brushes experienced shedding from the get go, or do they remain intact for awhile before the problems begin?

My Duke 2 is going back tomorrow for an exchange and I may buy another Simo' as well. Would I be correct in thinking that the problem brushes were mainly from about a year ago (which ties in with my Duke) So any new stock should be OK.

My CH1 Best was from a lot just made about 3 months ago. So there are shedders in the new brushes as well.

how soon -- or how many shaves into the brush -- did your problems develop? I'm wondering, because I have a pretty new PJ2 in super that I've used maybe a dozen times or so, and it's lost maybe a hair or two. Have the problem brushes experienced shedding from the get go, or do they remain intact for awhile before the problems begin?

They could start immediately, or a few months down the line.

A hair or two is nothing to worry about. I have a brush that sheds a hair every time I use it, it's 2 years old and still works just as good.

It's absolutely stunning the feedback we're getting.... 11 with issues, 13 without - so far 46% of people had problems/issues! :eek: :eek: :eek:

My year + old Duke #3 just started shedding a month or so ago.... 15+ hairs a shave. FIFTH shedder i've gotten from Simpson.

They're *** in my opinion. I'll never buy another after having multiple problems. I currently have a half dozen of them on my shelf.

Well, I'd buy more Rooneys' if I could get hold of the bloody things - and I live in England! I think they only make 2 a month. Having said that I already have 3 and none are that special - so what next? At least when a Simpson goes back it's exchanged, no questions.

I hate to say it, but when I'm getting another brush, it'll be a Rooney, Kent or Plisson. I have or had 3 Simpsons, luckily sans problèmes.

Wow, this is scary. I want to want a Simpson (what the hell is wrong with me!:blink: ), but this feedback is making it hard.

Jordan

Wow, this is scary. I want to want a Simpson (what the hell is wrong with me!:blink: ), but this feedback is making it hard.

Jordan

I don't need the aggravation of baby sitting an expensive brush and looking for hairs every time I shave. It would take the enjoyment out of something I really look forward to.

Regards,

Top Bottom