What's new

Simple math: Shaved Head + Menthol = ahhhhhh....

I've gone back and forth shaving my head or simply going with clippers with no guard for many, many years. Every time I go through phases shaving my head, lethargy will sooner or later get the best of me, and I'll go back to using clippers once per weekend rather than head shaving every morning. To assist me in my battle against laziness, I compromise by shaving my head in the shower with Barbasol yellow can and a Fusion. Very quick, very simple, very easy (before you all start throwing flaming spears, I still take my time each morning at the sink with my DE and a good soap or cream).

This morning, I decided to go ahead and shave the head after using the clippers since this is still my favorite look and it's getting warmer every day. Instead of the cart/goo/shower combo for shaving the skull, I used my DE and C.O. Bigelow cream at the sink and took my time. I still get better results much quicker on the head in the shower with the Fusion and Barbasol, but this sure does feel better. Between the Bigelow's menthol blast, the Skin Bracer chill applied to the head, and the Every Man Jack mint post shave lotion wrapping everying thing up and locking in the menthol, the head looks and feels like an ice cube and I'm ready to face the day.

Every time I shave my head, I swear I'll never go back to letting it grow out to stubble, but I'm WEAK! I'll try try to keep it cue-ball clean going forward.

Cheers!

I don't shave my head, but I wish I could shave my face and neck in the shower. I think that would be great! (No mirror, and I need to see to shave around my beard.)

When you shave in the shower, do you use a mirror? Also, why not try your face-shaving equipment on your head (and face and neck) in the shower? You are nearly there if you are doing any shaving at all in the shower.

Yes, SB or Barbasol Brisk is really nice on a freshly shaved head. But I'm a Headblader--my DE skills are not up to all the weird angles involved in shaving my dome. You know, the Headblade Headslick shaving cream is fairly cooling too, and has a nice amount of menthol in it.

I also get the best results when shaving my head in the shower, not to mention its not messy. I've used everything from disposables, DE's, straights and now a Cobra classic and I keep returning to my Headblade with a Sensor cartridge. None of the other methods have given me better results and certainly not nearly as quick and easy. Also, for shaving the dome, KMF in the pump bottles is the way to go in the shower. I still enjoy leisurely wet shaving my face after the shower, but for the head it's all about ease.

Always used a fusion to shave my head - its quick & I can do it blind folded but since switching to DE shaving a month ago I've been using that on my head. Results are just as good but it does take alot longer as you have to be more careful. Never tried a head blade though

You're a man after my own heart. I've followed the same pattern...mostly using the barber shears but occasionally going full Monty with a shaved head. I'm still too green to try a DE on the head, but that will happen.

I actually bought a new product I'd never seen before...Head Lube...so I bought some. Head Lube is an after the shave balm. I got the matte one but may swap for the gloss. Anyone try this product?

Last edited:
I found that shaving my head works best with Co biggs. I tried a few TOBS, razorock, but nothing works as well as Bigelow. Still use a shick extreme 3 cart for my head. The DE is simply too heavy to shave the way I need to.

I leave that for my face and take my time.

I use de's or se's on my dome,but there's nothing like the menthol blast on Thunderdome that Proraso PrePost cream gives before a headshave.

$IMAG0699.jpg
I don't shave my head, but I wish I could shave my face and neck in the shower. I think that would be great! (No mirror, and I need to see to shave around my beard.)

When you shave in the shower, do you use a mirror? Also, why not try your face-shaving equipment on your head (and face and neck) in the shower? You are nearly there if you are doing any shaving at all in the shower.

I shave in the shower every morning. I use a fogless mirror and a small LED light that lights up my face. If the mirror does fog up a bit due to steam, I put the slightest bit of soap on it without "lathering" and the fog can't stick to it. There is a picture of my setup somewhere on this site.

Top Bottom