What's new

Silvertip badger hair

I like small knots so my favourites are the Chubby 1 but if you have large hands or you bowl lather then you may find the handle a bit small. I like the Classic 1, it fits the small Simpson travel case perfectly and is almost as dense as a Chubby. For longer handle, maybe for bowl lathering, the M7 is excellent. But, if I had to choose just one Simpson brush, then the Duke 3 wins. Whichever you buy will not disappoint as all Simpson brushes are quality products.
Thanks, the Duke 3 is what I was thinking , always good to run it by you

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
West Coast Shaving has the M7 in both Best and in Super at outstanding prices right now. I think their regular price for these 2 brushes is terrific- but at 20% off it's almost like stealing. I remember when Simpsons first resurrected the M7 design in a limited edition Super brush around 2012- it cost about $300 USD, and they sold out as quickly as they could make them. To my mind the M7 is one of the best all purpose longer handle brushes in the world.

Last edited:
West Coast Shaving has the M7 in both Best and in Super at outstanding prices right now. I think their regular price for these 2 brushes is terrific- but at 20% off it's almost like stealing. I remember when Simpsons first resurrected the M7 design in a limited edition Super brush around 2012- it cost about $300 USD, and they sold out as quickly as they could make them. To my mind the M7 is one of the best all purpose longer handle brushes in the world.
Maybe that will be my next brush, thanks for the advice

That M7 in Super is quite tempting. I love the aesthetics of that brush. Too bad I’m on sabbatical.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a M7 in Best from WCS. The pricing is still ridiculously low (right at $100US shipped to Canada) for BFCM. I was torn between that and the Duke 3, but I have always wanted a M7.

Plus as much as I am wanting to try Simpsons Manchurian and Silvertip, I really do love their Best. It just works for me.👍

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a M7 in Best from WCS. The pricing is still ridiculously low (right at $100US shipped to Canada) for BFCM. I was torn between that and the Duke 3, but I have always wanted a M7.

Plus as much as I am wanting to try Simpsons Manchurian and Silvertip, I really do love their Best. It just works for me.👍
Plus WCS offers free Canada shipping over 100us. 👍

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented

I used my M7 in Best just yesterday- it is a terrific brush. I got it from WCS a few years ago. Plenty of backbone to face lather, but a handle long enough to comfortably rake up the soap in a mug or build lather in a bowl. Keep us posted as it breaks in!

Top Bottom