What's new

Signature Soaps Uk

Today I just ordered some soaps from the Brian the UK artisan signature soaps. I've ordered the Eboracum - cedarwood and peppermint and the Wicstun -lime, bergamot, rosemary and patchouli....... Has anybody any experience with these soaps? I've read some fantastic reviews so far. Just wondering if any of you out there have tried them on here ?

Today I just ordered some soaps from the Brian the UK artisan signature soaps. I've ordered the Eboracum - cedarwood and peppermint and the Wicstun -lime, bergamot, rosemary and patchouli....... Has anybody any experience with these soaps? I've read some fantastic reviews so far. Just wondering if any of you out there have tried them on here ?

I'm a huge fan.

Eboracum's scent is beautiful, the peppermint has a nice cooling effect as well. IMO the performance is exceptional, and it's what makes the soap what it is. A small amount really goes a long way if you are bowl lathering, a tiny pea's worth will give easily enough for 3-4 passes. I'd recommend using a synth if you have for your first time using the soap. If you are bowl lathering, the soap can take a lot of water, so add a few drops at a time to get the consistency you like, and take your time to work in as much air as possible.

As for the post shave feel, I find some other shaving soaps leave my face feeling a bit greasy, Signature Soaps on the other hand is quite neutral for post shave feel, but that's my skin and everyone's is different.

Superb shaving soaps, I hope you enjoy using them.

I'm a huge fan.

Eboracum's scent is beautiful, the peppermint has a nice cooling effect as well. IMO the performance is exceptional, and it's what makes the soap what it is. A small amount really goes a long way if you are bowl lathering, a tiny pea's worth will give easily enough for 3-4 passes. I'd recommend using a synth if you have for your first time using the soap. If you are bowl lathering, the soap can take a lot of water, so add a few drops at a time to get the consistency you like, and take your time to work in as much air as possible.

As for the post shave feel, I find some other shaving soaps leave my face feeling a bit greasy, Signature Soaps on the other hand is quite neutral for post shave feel, but that's my skin and everyone's is different.

Superb shaving soaps, I hope you enjoy using them.
Thanks for the info, I have 2 synthetic Yaqis, the 28mm Tuxedo and the 24mm Moka. I've just ordered a TGS omega 27mm boar brush today as I thought maybe Brian's soaps might work well with a good stiff boar. From what I've read on so far his hybrid soaps are firmer. I'd love to know what other scents he makes are like. His use of essential oils sounds fantastic and I've only read good things about his soaps on other forums I looked at the last few days.

Thanks for the info, I have 2 synthetic Yaqis, the 28mm Tuxedo and the 24mm Moka. I've just ordered a TGS omega 27mm boar brush today as I thought maybe Brian's soaps might work well with a good stuff boar. From what I've read on so far his hybrid soaps are firmer. I'd love to know what other scents he makes are like. His use of essential oils sounds fantastic and I've only read good things about his soaps on other forums I looked at the last few days.

I've had 3 of his soaps, the best smelling one was Coria, which was Geranium and Rose, lovely scent.

I'd recommend going for a Yaqi first, but I myself generally prefer using synths for modern shaving soaps, and boars for 'traditional' shaving soaps (eg Mitchells Wool Fat and so on) but that's just me! I'm sure everyone has their own approaches to things.

What is the TGS Omega? Is that the Wild Hog? I have one of those, superb brush.

Yeah thats the brush the TGS wild hog. From what I've read it's made by Omega and similar/same as the proraso omega from what I can gather. Im looking forward to trying the soaps, I've only ordered 2 samples which I think are 70g samples, so still a fair amount to start with. Awesome to hear the Coria is excellent. I'm starting to think I should have ordered 4 samples now 🤣

Came home yesterday evening to this amazing smelling box of signature soaps. Tried the Valentina sample that Brian added and Wow. Fantastic scent, fantastic lather. The warming sandlewoood scent filled the entire house for hours and a fantastic shave. I will be trying more of his soaps.
IMG_20230221_170158.jpg

Came home yesterday evening to this amazing smelling box of signature soaps. Tried the Valentina sample that Brian added and Wow. Fantastic scent, fantastic lather. The warming sandlewoood scent filled the entire house for hours and a fantastic shave. I will be trying more of his soaps.View attachment 1610007

Great to hear. Post up an update how you get on with Eboracum.

If you are looking at another one, there are the Capra based soaps, which have goats milk. They lather a little different to the ones you have, but they are great for the skin.

Great to hear. Post up an update how you get on with Eboracum.

If you are looking at another one, there are the Capra based soaps, which have goats milk. They lather a little different to the ones you have, but they are great for the skin.
Thanks Zoidberg, I looked at the Capra goats milk based soaps on Brian's website. I will definitely try one on my next order.

@zoidberg , that Geranium and Rose DOES sound exquisite!

The only other rose scented shaving soap I own is the Valobra made Czech & Speake 88 which is a very traditional rose scented shaving soap. My nose prefers the Signature Soaps Coria, as I found the geranium added a little lightness that complimented the rose really well.

It's lovely stuff.

Thanks Zoidberg, I looked at the Capra goats milk based soaps on Brian's website. I will definitely try one on my next order.

I'm sure you will love it if you get around to ordering/using it. In the meantime you have many delights from SS's to enjoy in the shave!

The only other rose scented shaving soap I own is the Valobra made Czech & Speake 88 which is a very traditional rose scented shaving soap. My nose prefers the Signature Soaps Coria, as I found the geranium added a little lightness that complimented the rose really well.

It's lovely stuff.

I'm sure you will love it if you get around to ordering/using it. In the meantime you have many delights from SS's to enjoy in the shave!
Too true, I think I've got enough to last a fair while, I've also got 1x Cella 2x TGS soaps to use up, plus a Razorock MF unopened 😂 but after reading up on Brian's Signature Soaps I just couldn't resist adding a few of his. I had no idea he would throw in 2 sample pots too ..... He really does provide an excellent service. I will be definitely ordering more in the future

Top Bottom