What's new

Shaving creams I found on holiday in Tunisia!

Hi all,

Me and the wife have just got back from a great holiday in Sousse, Tunisia. As usual, wherever we go, I like to check out the local shaving products - well, it's natural, ain't it guys?!! :biggrin:

Anywho, I found 7 creams in all (I bought the lot!!) I'll list them, do a very quick review, a price check and a link from the net just for a look-see. By the way, the currency is the Tunisian Dinar and 1 Dinar = UK 40p = US 78 cents. Apologies to the other countries here for not converting to theirs as i'd be on all day! Here's away - all these are metal or plastic tubes:-

1) "Barbasol creme a razar - normale". This was my favourite, so rich the lather and the only cream listed here that didn't smell like really cheap soap. It's a bit like the UK Ingram and very cheap. 0.85 Dinar = UK 33p = US 67 cents! How cheap is that for the best? Well, IMHO. It's a green, white and orange tube, yet I found nothing on the net about it, just aerosol cans.
2) 2 Farmasi creams - Cool and Sport. A good rich lather a good smell and performed with ease 1.500 Dinar = UK 59p = US $1.18. If you can read Arabic :)biggrin: ) here is an advert and images
http://www.farmasi.ir/content.asp?contentid=632
3) 2 Razar creme a rasers. Very little English writing on either of these, but they did boast "A la Lanoline" They were suprisingly very good. Same price as above. No image.
4) Lastly, 2 Williams creams, one "creme hydratante" and the other " creme mentholee`" These were almost identical to the UK Palmolive - awful! I found these poor and was dissapointed because they were dear in comparison - 5.500 Dinar = UK £2.17 = US $4.34 A lot of cream was needed to get things really rich. I think they are French, unsure. Here's a link-
http://www.williams.fr/newsite/produits-rasage.php?type=huile

To conclude, none of the creams were anything to get excited over, but what they all lacked in smell they more than made up for in performance and after all, that surely is one of the most important things. Smell, to an extent is just a detail.

I also bought a brush!!! It was 4.5 Dinar = UK £1.77 = US $3.55. It looks like your average brush, but it came in a box with "CoolStar" (?!!) on the side and no other writing at all, not a word, but it is a really course brush and performes well. The scrubbing ability makes it my new go to brush. It smells "Animal" which makes me wonder, with plenty of them here (there!) - Is it camel??:redface: Haha!

Well, it's good to be back, I've some forum catching up to do but I hope I've given you a little insight into how the other half live.

Ohh!, by the way, did I mention? - it's a cracking place Tunisia!! :cool:

Top Bottom