What's new

GIVEAWAY! Shaving brush travel tube

Backstory: I recently bought a Mühle classic small black STF travel brush. There's a guy on Etsy who sells 3D-printed travel tubes for brushes. You give the dimensions of the brush in mm, and you get a nice travel tube that's a perfect fit for your brush. It's sturdy, it has air holes on one end for circulation, and it opens on both ends so you can both insert and remove your brush without pushing the brush hairs the wrong way. The dimensions of the Mühle brush are in the description at Maggard's, where I bought the brush, and I verified the dimensions using the ruler-and-close-one-eye method. Well, it turns out the brush is a fraction of a mm wider than 34mm.

I’d hate to to just bin it, so my laziness to run out and buy a caliper first could be your gain. To be eligible, you must:
  1. Have a travel brush smaller than 34mm diameter at its widest point, and smaller than 93mm total length (you can use the ruler-and-close-one-eye method too, but be prepared to re-PIF if you win and your measurement is off!)
  2. Live in the continental US (or be prepared to help out with shipping cost, which is probably more than the cost of the item itself)
  3. Post that you're in
I won't have a chance to get to the post office until next Tuesday, so if more than 1 person wants in, I'll pick a winner Monday night or Tuesday morning.

A303630C-6CC5-4808-8DCB-01E3683A6C76.jpeg
EEE4121B-551D-4AF1-BD2D-2E0ABB4C49DE.jpeg
E92938A7-0BCE-40AC-BA12-D3D3D1912CF4.jpeg

Great PIF! This sounds well suited to my favorite badger travel brush (Simpson Commodore x2).

I'm in.

Thanks!

Looks nice. I'm tempted, but I have several travel tubes so I don't need one. I'm not in. Someone will have a great looking travel tube.

Last call, I’ll pick a winner in a few hours. It’s a great tube, I have one for my 18mm Maggard Timberwolf too. I count 3 entries as of now, so you’ll have a good shot if your brush fits.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What an incredibly awesome PIF my friend! Perfectly perfect PIF in the Badger and Blade tradition!

Top Bottom