What's new

Shaving Attire?

Nobody yet mentioned my favorite thing to wear shaving: Lather and a Smile. though looking through the thread, we really ought to do a run of like some really nice boxers with the badger logo embrodered on them. a shave robe seems a bit over the top, but nothing wrong with that!

I have a terry cloth Izod robe that I have had for ~10 years. I love it, but I couldn't shave in it. Undoubtedly, the sleeves would get soaking wet, the neck would get coated in lather, etc. I'd have to wash it every time I shaved.

Since I usually shave post shower, it's in the buck for me. If I skip the shower, then it's pajama pants or boxers with bare chest.

I just wear whatever I'm wearing minus upper body apparel unless you want to count bare skin as upper body apparel.

Standing in front of the mirror in my briefs with no T-shirt, that's my shaving attire. Not a pretty sight; 30 years ago maybe but not today... :laugh:

But hey, I use a lot of nice designer and a few niche fragrances so at least I smell good.

--Jerome

Usually, I shave with no shirt with just pajamas bottom. That way, the lather on my face can leak on my chest without getting my shirt soak wet.

The link below is for a vintage shave coat that already sold on etsy. It has some interesting photos that could give some ideas to any seamstresses out there. It also had a shot of the label.....in one of the posts in this thread someone asked for a brand name....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/74835265/weldon-colorful-plaid-1960s-shavecoat?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=shavecoat&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The link below is for a vintage shave coat that already sold on etsy. It has some interesting photos that could give some ideas to any seamstresses out there. It also had a shot of the label.....in one of the posts in this thread someone asked for a brand name....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/74835265/weldon-colorful-plaid-1960s-shavecoat?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=shavecoat&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

Weldon was a well known brand for the shaving coats. Most of the vintage ones I've seen are from that manufacturer.
They come up from time to time on eBay and etsy.

Top Bottom