What's new

Shaving and Swimming?

I get questions on my Youtube account all the time, asking for advice with shaving problems. I can usually field them pretty easily, but this one threw me:

I wanted to tell that there is something that is annoying me. Everytime I go swimming, which I love to do, I notice afterwards some of my stubble grows back! I don't want to shave twice a day, so I wanted to ask you if there anything I can do to stop this from happening? I like my face to stay smooth for 12 hours. thank you in advance.

Can any swimmers out there offer suggestions or advice? I've also posted this question on my blog, so feel free to answer there if you wish.

--Mark

Unfortunately, you can't change the nature of things. Hair expands roughly 25% when wet. Thus, when you go swimming, it's possible you can feel additional stubble. However, your hair isn't growing any faster. Once it dries, it will contract back to its original shape.

+1 on saving the shave until after the swim.
just imagine how easy it would be to get BBS if you let your beard soak to capacity. you could skip ATG entirely and still be BBS once the hairs dried.
PLUS your skin will appreciate the TLC after soaking in chlorine for a few hours.

Besides hair expanding, I would have thought that the problem would have been the retraction of the skin due to tightening/loss of moisture from cold water and/or chlorine.
Much like when you die, the hair follicles that looked clean shaven before, are exposed due to recession of the skin and loss of moisture, which is why the mortician will shave you before your funeral.

Slather on some moisturiser after your post-swim shower, it should remedy the issue quite well.

Besides hair expanding, I would have thought that the problem would have been the retraction of the skin due to tightening/loss of moisture from cold water and/or chlorine.
Much like when you die, the hair follicles that looked clean shaven before, are exposed due to recession of the skin and loss of moisture, which is why the mortician will shave you before your funeral.

Slather on some moisturiser after your post-swim shower, it should remedy the issue quite well.

This is what I think is going on. I swim for fitness regularly. Since I usually swim after work I've never paid much attention to my beard. I'll do a little pre and post swim faceturbating and see what happens.

Top Bottom