What's new

Shavemac ?

Another consideration that I have not seen mentioned is the potential problems with communication (language). You will have less trouble with Rudy Vey. I have good results with Rudy. Tried many times to communicate with Bernd and never did get what I wanted on three brushes.

FWIW, good luck.
Vic
Good point, I will be talking to Rudy soon.
thanks

Rudy is the way to go in my book. Easy communication, wonderful craftsmanship, and large selection. I own 2 of his brushes and have a third on the way, all shavemacs.

the 177 shavemac keeps calling my name....undecided between silvertip and finest though.

The "regular" silvertip? If that's the case, go with the finest. I think there is very little difference between their finest and silvertip as far as practical application is concerned.

If you're considering the silvertip 2-band (not D01), go with that all the way. I have/had finest, silvertip, silvertip 2-band, and silvertip D01 (three band) -- the silvertip 2-band has been my favorite of the bunch by a large margin.

i got a shavemac 177 silvertip and think its great. i noticed a few online sellers as well as ebay had them for sale so they seem easy enough to source.the silvertip is super soft and works as nice as i would hope.seems to be about $100

Right now I have a Parker 100% Silvertip badger brush with a 22mm knot and a 55mm loft and I find it too floppy.

I am toying with the idea of acquiring a Shavemac 177 with a 23mm Silvertip 2-band knot and a 52mm loft. My question is whether you think the 23/52 ratio is reasonable. I know 'reasonable' is a subjective term and YMMV, but what I am looking for is a brush that is really soft so the shaving experience is not scritchy while as the same time having enough backbone to not be floppy.

Also, how might choosing the Silvertip rather than the Silvertip 2-band, but maintaining the same 23/52 ratio alter the brushes' performance and my shaving experience?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and offering some guidance.

Tim

Top Bottom