What's new

Shark

I found them to be pretty smooth, but they just weren't sharp enough for me. I had to lather up for a fourth pass.

I wasn't too impressed either. I have used and liked a lot of the blades Lord is putting out with the Lord SS being my #1 blade so after reading all the positive comments on the Sharks my expectations might have been too high. I finished the pack but won't use them again; they just don't do the job like various Lords (Extra, SS, Plats and Chromes), Racer and even Big Bens for me.

Just picked up some Shark Super Stainless blades from Bestshave.net. Loving these blades! They feel almost as sharp as a Feather, and are a heck of a lot cheaper! Just felt like giving them a little shout out for anyone who's not familiar with them yet!

+1

I wasn't too impressed either. I have used and liked a lot of the blades Lord is putting out with the Lord SS being my #1 blade so after reading all the positive comments on the Sharks my expectations might have been too high. I finished the pack but won't use them again; they just don't do the job like various Lords (Extra, SS, Plats and Chromes), Racer and even Big Bens for me.

I was very curious about the Lords as they also make the Shark blades. I will try them for sure after reading your comments. Somone also said the Rainbow and Asco blades are made by Lord and they are very good, but just hard to find. I really liked the Shark Surper Chrome and if the Lords perform as well then I will be thrilled as they are an easy blade to find at a great price.

I like the Shark SC - certainly a blade I'd always be happy to have in my stockpile.

I also liked the Lord Cool and Lord Platinum from that sample pack, but I didn't think much of the Asco.

I can easily get 10 to 12 shaves from a Shark SC. Not as smooth or close as a Feather or Personna Med/Lab for me, but definitely my #3 blade, and along with Feather and Personna's, the only blades I have more than 2 or 3 of in the house.

Good Lord man that's impressive!!!

I really wanted to like the Sharks but they aren't sharp enough for my beard. For the first shave they're OK, but after that they just tug too much. They're less uncomfortable in a mild razor like a Tech but then I need four passes to get a nice shave.

I think these will have to be my next blade to try. I have heard mostly good things about them and best of all they're cheap.

Big YMMV here. So far I've tried 12 blades - Shark SC, Shark SS, Astra SP, Astra SS, Derby, Blue Bird, Precision Personna, Barber Personna, Peronna Lab Blue, Rapira, Gillette Platinum, Perma-Sharp, BIC. I went back to Sharks on several occasions after using something else and they never worked for me. Shark SC were too rough and never tamed to the and of their life span. The only razor I can use them in is a Tech or Slim on 1 on the last pass and touch-ups. Shark SS were too dull to start with.

This is pretty much the only Lord blade that gets love in this forum. I think it's a great blade overall.

I like the Sharks. I still have about 300 of them. Lately i've been alternating between them, Supermax Platinum and Perma-Sharps

i love the shark ss blades. I have tried the other lord blades and found them all to be reasonable but for me sharks stand tall.

There have been several posts that claim to have reputable info from disturbers and people who work there that Lord basically makes 2 blades, and just markets them differently. They make a chrome coated and an un-coated. The Lord Platinum Class (note they are Platinum Class not Platinum coated) and the Chrome's are supposed to be the same and all others are not coated. I really like the Platinum Class and will be ordering them by the 100's soon. I find Sharks ok, but not as smooth as the Lords. But I will try the Sharks a couple times more before ordering as they are marginally cheaper.

There have been several posts that claim to have reputable info from disturbers and people who work there that Lord basically makes 2 blades, and just markets them differently. They make a chrome coated and an un-coated. The Lord Platinum Class (note they are Platinum Class not Platinum coated) and the Chrome's are supposed to be the same and all others are not coated. I really like the Platinum Class and will be ordering them by the 100's soon. I find Sharks ok, but not as smooth as the Lords. But I will try the Sharks a couple times more before ordering as they are marginally cheaper.

There seems to be a mis-understanding about how many blades Lord makes but it is certainly more than two varieties. It all started with one of the members asking Lord directly about the difference in quality between their blades and Lord answered that they all were of the same quality. I think at Lord they thought the question was about what blades were better and what blades were less good and no company in the world will tell you they make low quality goods.

I have tried a handfull of different blades by Lord now and I am not sure about the Platinum class and the super Chrome; they might or might not be the same but I never used them after each other yet. But I can tell you the rest is not identical and first stroke is enough to feel that. Squires blade reviews on SMF has some Lord blades tested as well (with microscopic pics) and they all have different grindings and bevels. I don't claim that all Lord blades are different; I simply don't know that and it is certainly possible that some blades are rebranded for different markets but they have a lot more than two.....

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Just picked up some Shark Super Stainless blades from Bestshave.net. Loving these blades! They feel almost as sharp as a Feather, and are a heck of a lot cheaper! Just felt like giving them a little shout out for anyone who's not familiar with them yet!
Doooom:
+ 1 and not to worry...Shark is well represented & respected here!!!

I always 'Shave with the (SC) Sharks'.
proxy.php
and although I have used many, many blades over many, many years, Shark Super Chrome's are perfect for me (my one & only 'go-to' blade), with no pulling or tugging, moderately sharp, very, very smooth, (albeit a 'weeper' now & then..but zero 'nicks'), very little to no irratation and no touch of razor burn that %99.9 of the time results in CCS's in 2 passes (WTG & ATG), with 6 great shaves per week (Saturdays are my shaving 'day off'),...and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C & 38C razors. :thumbsup:

attachment.php
"A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Author Unknown

If you shave once/day and get only 2 shaves out of a blade, you have almost 15 years' worth. What fun is that? :001_tt2:

I don't know how you calculate that but can you do one more calculation for me?

I have

2700 Sharks
700 Astra Ss
500 Astras SP
500 Perma Sharps
300 Gillette Goal
300 Racers
100 Rapira
1100 Iridiums
100 Polsilvers
and 100 mix of all other brands

And I shave once 2 days so if I use a blade for 2 shaves how many years of supply do I have?

I don't know how you calculate that but can you do one more calculation for me?

I have

2700 Sharks
700 Astra Ss
500 Astras SP
500 Perma Sharps
300 Gillette Goal
300 Racers
100 Rapira
1100 Iridiums
100 Polsilvers
and 100 mix of all other brands

And I shave once 2 days so if I use a blade for 2 shaves how many years of supply do I have?
Almost 69 years. Hold old are you?

Top Bottom