What's new

SEptember 2018

MMOC is easier on my skin, but I think it all comes down to the thickness of the blade and its inability to flex.

Yep, and it's locked down tight. I have a 1914 and a 1912 that will give the MMOC run for its money, but the flip tops don't lock down the blade like the MMOC, and is more noticeable as the blade dulls.

SEptember Shave 17

Schick J1 Injector razor
Chinese Schick blade (16)
Omega Bigger Bambino brush
Razorock Orange Sunrise soap
Old Spice Classic AS

I've rarely had a more comfortable shave!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yep, and it's locked down tight. I have a 1914 and a 1912 that will give the MMOC run for its money, but the flip tops don't lock down the blade like the MMOC, and is more noticeable as the blade dulls.

Good info.

SEptember 18

Henckels Rapide Razor. Another change of schedule to accommodate @imatabor and his topless Tuesday. I consider this to be the best of the wedge blade razors. It can use a standard Gem blade, but works best with a properly honed Henckels blade. Took some time tonight but ended up with a two pass plus touch up DFS tonight. Tomorrow the blade goes back on the lapping films.
18.JPG

SEptember 18, 2018

SS General & Schick Proline #10/ Yaqi Tuxedo Barber Pole 28mm/ B&M Le Grand Chypre
Thayers Medicated WH Astringent/ Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue aftershave splash

BE682897-126C-4B3A-AC97-1863F83A5925.jpeg

Sweet shave....

WECK WEDNESDAY!

Fun shave today with my Weck medical sextoblade for the first pass (with the guard) and my Razorock Hawk razor for the second pass. A dynamic duo for sure!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schick Adj. set to 3 w/ Personna 74 blade (7)
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood cream, face lathered
Balea boar
Montblanc Legend aftershave balm

Two pass shave, ended up flailing the razor around and nicking myself on the jawline.

First time using the EJ Sandalwood cream. Good performer, but weak on the scent front if that's important to you. This is the second of my two Edwin Jagger shave cream samples. The first was limes & pomegranate. That was good, and smells great, but I like the lather from the Sandalwood better.

SEptember 19

Weck Wednesday, and so now the skinny handle version of the Surgical Prep. Same performance and shave as the flat handle Surgical Prep. The only difference is the grip. Another great two pass plus touch up near BBS.
19a.JPG

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Copied from my journal post.
_____

MMOC/PTFE Shave 3.

PdP 63.

Maggard synthetic.

47 1/2 hours since last shave.

First pass N-S. Second pass S-N. Clean ups done ATG.

PdP isnt Woolly Kaw, but its damn good soap.

I wanted to stick with the shallow design angle this shave, so I did. For the entire shave.

Blade feel is minimal to none at all, which explains the weeper on the right corner of my chin. When you cant feel the blade you dont know where it is. That can be overcome though.

Looking at my face in the mirror after toweling off, my whole face is shiny. My skin is cool and comfortable.

I never felt any tugging, at all, anywhere or in any direction at any point in the shave, but this razor does have a tendency to skip over my swirls when used that shallow with longer strokes. Shorter buffing strokes and it works fine. Slightly steeper and it just wipes the whiskers off.

SEptember Shave 18

Schick E3 Injector razor
Chinese Schick blade (10)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
Razorock Blue Barbershop soap
Lilac Vegetal

19.09.18:

Pre-Shave:
cold shower
Soap: Stirling Wintergreen (last shave of the sample)
Brush: YAQI 30 mm Tuxedo Barber Pole
Razor: The Claymore V1
Blade: Feather Professional #11
Aftershave: Proraso ASL + LR Aloe Vera AS

This is my last GEM type razor- the Star. Perhaps someone can post about the relationship between GEM, Ever-Ready, and Star?

This fat handle Star shaves really well and is a pleasure to use!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gem 1912 with Gem SS (8)
Monsavon with VDH
Marvey boar brush, face lathered
Pinaud Lime Sec Eau de Cologne

Good shave with the 1912. My technique is slightly different with this SE than with the later Gem models. Steeper angle, small, overlapping strokes. One pass on face, two on neck, and touch up for DFS.

SEptember Shave 19

Schick E2 Injector razor
Chinese Schick blade (10)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
Razorock Blue Barbershop soap
Family Dollar Spice AS

SEptember 20, 2018

GEM Contour & GEM SS ptfe/ RR 24mm Plissoft/ WSP Barbershop Formula T
Thayers Medicated WH Astringent/ M&R Rose Water Tonic/ Nivea Fresh Active aftershave lotion
1D21629B-373C-459C-8579-69CD4503BA13.jpeg

A good one...

Personna injector with Personna blade (10)
TOBS Sandalwood cream, face lathered
Vie Long brush
Alcolado Glacial

Hit double-digit shaves with the Personna injector blade. Maybe the best shave to date with this razor. Perhaps I'm figuring it out, technique wise. I don't ever expect to get great shaves from the Personna, but just "good" is quite an improvement over the earliest shaves.

Personna1.jpg

2018/09/21 Shave:
Prep - CVS brand Noxzema/hot towel/lather/hot towel/Proraso Green Pre-shave/hot towel
Razor - Gem 1912 for WTG pass
Blade - Gem Super Stainless [4]

Razor - Maggard slant w/ ball handle for ATG pass
Blade - Dorco Prime [7]
Soap - Colonel Conk Almond
Brush - Vie-Long 12601
Post - Witch Hazel, Dove Men+Care Hydrate+, Sea Breeze Sensitive
Result - CCS

Top Bottom