I didnt know
Staff member
Copied from my journal entry:

Shave 5.

MMOC/GEM PTFE, blade flipped.

PdP 63.

Maggard synthetic.

74 1/2 hours since last shave.

This is the longest I've gone between shaves in a very long time.
_____

First pass S-N, XTG/ATG. Second pass directly ATG. Clean ups done directly ATG.

I admit I was hesitant at 74 hours growth starting so aggressively. Not once did I feel anything but safe and secure with this razor and blade.

First pass, light buffing and directly ATG up my neck under my chin, the face of my chin, sides of my mouth and cheeks. I only felt very slight tugging at the sides of my mouth, nowhere else. No issues.

Second pass directly ATG over my entire face and neck again, buffing lightly. Nothing but smooth and comfortable with no issues.

During both of my first two passes I stayed at the design angle. Its there for a reason and it works.

Two shrinking clean ups done directly ATG, slightly steeper over my swirls. Steeper again and with more pressure left side jawline. No issues and a damn nice shave.

The more I use this razor the more impressed I become. Something else became apparent to me during this shave. Its much easier to maintain the proper angle with this razor than it is with my Grande. Part of that ease is because of the design, part of that is the inherent rigidity of the blades not allowing any flex, no matter the angle. The latter for me is the most telling part. I can shave steeper a lot more smoothly and comfortably than I've been able to with any other razor. The result of that is a closer, smoother, easier, more consistent and comfortable shave. I believe this is why this razor, despite its menacing appearance, is so easy on my skin.

The ATT SE2 is becoming more attractive all the time.

I used my Gillette injector with a Gillette twinjector (12).

I’ll see how far I can take this blade, but it feels great with 12 shaves on it.

Today’s shave was the Icon El Jefe. A while back these had a defective run where the head did not allow the blade to align correctly. I did not see this as a defect, rather an opportunity to adjust the blade and the shave.

In its current configuration it is a ferociously aggressive shaver demanding respect and technique, but rewarding the effort with a superior shave [emoji4]

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today’s shave was the Icon El Jefe. A while back these had a defective run where the head did not allow the blade to align correctly. I did not see this as a defect, rather an opportunity to adjust the blade and the shave.

In its current configuration it is a ferociously aggressive shaver demanding respect and technique, but rewarding the effort with a superior shave [emoji4]

proxy.php

proxy.php

I call it my adjustable SE. A Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde thing. Magnificent in either configuration. Neck and neck with my Rx for overall shave quality and feel....

Schick Adj. set to 3, w/ Personna 74 blade (9)
TOBS Sandalwood
Omega 10049, face lathered
Master Lord & Master After Shave Lotion

All around good shave. The Personna isn't a Schick Proline B20 blade, but it's doing a nice job and will see double digits. With the autumn here, breaking out the cooler weather splashes.

SEptember 25

Henckels Max Roller Guard razor – this is the razor that the Totai came out with a modified version of. The main difference is that this razor has the hinged blade guides on the side and the screw/wire rear blade holder, both of which were features in the different versions of the Rapide razor. I honed the Henckels wedge blade that came with the razor. The blade actually sings when shaving with it. As with the Totai and Rapide, tonight’s shave was a comfortable two pass plus touch up near BBS. Last of my SEptember shaves, as I need to finish off Slantember. I just thought I would end this by making @imatabor eyes pop out. ;-)

25.JPG

SEptember 25

Henckels Max Roller Guard razor – this is the razor that the Totai came out with a modified version of. The main difference is that this razor has the hinged blade guides on the side and the screw/wire rear blade holder, both of which were features in the different versions of the Rapide razor. I honed the Henckels wedge blade that came with the razor. The blade actually sings when shaving with it. As with the Totai and Rapide, tonight’s shave was a comfortable two pass plus touch up near BBS. Last of my SEptember shaves, as I need to finish off Slantember. I just thought I would end this by making @imatabor eyes pop out. ;-)

View attachment 915278

Niiiicccee.......

SEptember 25, 2018

Schick G Injector & Schick Proline-B #3
Yaqi Barber Pole Tuxedo 28mm
Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
Thayers Medicated W/H Astringent
M&R Rose Water Tonic
English Leather A/S splash (Vintage)
English Leather Cologne (Vintage)
14BE6043-FE50-47E5-9A69-A0CD10358959.jpeg

Second straight shave with an injector, the vintage Schick G with the Schick Proline-B. Just a real good shave that was close and comfortable. Continued the leather theme and finished it off with some old school vintage English Leather. Why? Because we’re Men, that’s why... My Old Man would’ve been proud. Have a great evening and shaves Gents...

SEptember Shave 24

Schick E3 Injector razor
Chinese Schick blade (12)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
Razorock Lime Burst soap
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum AS

Another tandem shave today with the Wilkinson Empire razor and one of my Weck Sextoblades. I hone the wedge blades myself and once shave ready provide a close comfortable shave.

I find the Empire a little bulky especially under the nose, but otherwise quite a cool piece of engineering!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead w/ Gem SS (11)
Dove Men + Care shave cream
Balea Boar, face lathered
Gillette Gel Aftershave, sensitive skin

Decent shave with the Ever Ready. Wasn't always the case.

I picked up this razor at a flea market over 30 years ago to become part of my bachelor pad bathroom decor. But on a lark I shaved with it, probably with a paint scraping blade, so you can imagine the results--not good. Through the years I kept trying to make it work, even after I had acquired a couple of Gem razors and understood the need for a blade made specifically for shaving. Yet, I could never master the Ever Ready.

But since joining Badger & Blade and being involved with three SEptembers, my technique has improved to the point where I can now get a good, close, blood-and-irritation-free shave with this vintage implement.

The audio feedback on this thing is astounding. I think the sound magnifies the impression that this blade is dragging and tugging. It might tug some, but not as much as my imagination lets on, because, as I said, the shaves are close and irritation free.

The Shovelhead isn't my favorite SE razor, but it is the one I am most proud of finally taming.

SEptember Shave 25

Schick E2 Injector razor
Chinese Schick blade (12)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
Razorock Lime Burst soap
Brut Classic AS

Schick Adj. set to 3, w/ Personna 74 blade (10)
Godrej shave round
Barbury Synth, face lathered
Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec Eau de Cologne

Good shaves continue. The Personna 74 continues to perform. SEptember will end before this blade will be ready to bin. I'd continue to use it, but with Open Comb October coming up, I don't know if the Schick Adjustable will see much action.

Top Bottom