What's new

SEptember 2016

I'm always participating in SEptember!

Maybe for the first day I'll break out the GEM Lather Catcher, then work my way to the Contour II.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Since I missed GEMini in the spring, I should follow along here. I have not had the GEM's out in a bit. Someone should call out the guidelines like ccpastork says. Just "true" SE's, GEMs, Kampfe's, Star's, Treets et al., or including the real injectors , or throw in the modern pretenders with shavette blades like the ATT SE1 Cobra etc? Single edge can be taken quite broadly ..

Rules please. Right now I have five user grade Gem types and two lather catchers. If you include all SE razors, I got my two Wecks and three injectors and my Gillette Guard which shaves so well, I include it with my SE razors even though it is technically a cartridge.

I'm in. I just started playing around with injectors, plus it will be a good excuse to get some of my less used SEs dirty.

It will be hard not to slip back to my Fatboy on Fridays+ I plan on doing OCtober too. But the Fatty will most likely get the whole month of February so it will be OK.

So let's set some rules:

1) All SE shaves for the month
2) An SE is any single edge razor. (should we include a bic disposable? it is single edge)

What else should we include? I don't think we should have too many

So let's set some rules:

1) All SE shaves for the month
2) An SE is any single edge razor. (should we include a bic disposable? it is single edge)

What else should we include? I don't think we should have too many

Single edge razor - does this mean single edge SAFETY razor? Do we include Weck Sextoblade and hair shaper types, along with Feather AC types?

I am not sure about bic disposables because you aren't able to change the blade, but what about a Gillette Guard, because you are able to change the blade and it is a single blade.

I'm not in per the rules, but I'm up for sparse participation. I don't think I have enough blades left to last the entire month, and I'm on sabbatical this year. I'll join in occasionally with my MMOC, and may even break out the SR1 shavette for the occasional face shave. I have a couple of other SEs, but I've decided I don't enjoy either of them as much as the MMOC, so they're sitting in the PIF Box.

Top Bottom