What's new

SENSUAL SUMATRA

My first attempt at roasting Sumatra beans , in fact , I can't remember ever drinking a straight Sumatra. Brewed in an Armenian cezve , with a little sugar , and a little is all that's needed, this is a naturally sweet, creamy, low acid bean. As you can see in the pictures, the raw uncooked beans are dark, although they smell like any green coffee bean . These beans have been hulled , so chaffe is almost non existent . They roast VERY quickly , and I would not recommend going past first crack. The roasted beans you see here are jet black, and that's with a full minute of first crack roasting. The flavor is unique , you get the feeling that the coffee is truly from a cherry , marvelous aroma and flavor .
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG

Looks fantastic. My next 5 lb bag of green beans will be Sweet Maria's Sumatra Lintong Sigumpar Village.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Oh, I love Sumatra! Probably my favourite bean. I've been roasting it for decades, as you say not too dark. I tend to go through first crack and just barely into second crack before doing an air quench. The flavour is amazing.

My second-favourite by a very slim margin is Celebes.

I will also admit that there have been times in my life when I really appreciated a cup of gas-station coffee. Keeps me humble, I suppose.

O.H.

Top Bottom