What's new

Semogue finest badger: SOC 2 Band vs. SOC finest badger vs. Torga C5

Hi all,

I'm looking for my first badger brush and currently considering these 3 options (due to shipping limitations my selection is a bit limited).

I'm a bowl latherer (cream and soap).

Appreciate your advice, pros and cons, etc.

They're priced about $10 from each other so it's not the issue here.

Thanks!

For a bowl latherer, I suggest the SOC with resin handle.

The Torga C5 is an excellent brush but shorter than the SOC, which might not be ideal if you use deeper (e.g. apothecary) mugs.

The wooden handles are lovely and last a long time, but for bowl lathering the handle tends to get more knocked about in the shaving mug and a resin handle may prove to be sturdier.

The question of SOC 2 band and SOC finest has been addressed in a different post of yours already, I believe.
The supplier (Gifts & Care) that I use calls them now SOC Two Band Badger or SOC C5 Two Band Badger.

Semogue brushes are a great choice, I have about 7 and they never disappoint.

Hope this helps,

B.

For a bowl latherer, I suggest the SOC with resin handle.

The Torga C5 is an excellent brush but shorter than the SOC, which might not be ideal if you use deeper (e.g. apothecary) mugs.

The wooden handles are lovely and last a long time, but for bowl lathering the handle tends to get more knocked about in the shaving mug and a resin handle may prove to be sturdier.

The question of SOC 2 band and SOC finest has been addressed in a different post of yours already, I believe.
The supplier (Gifts & Care) that I use calls them now SOC Two Band Badger or SOC C5 Two Band Badger.

Semogue brushes are a great choice, I have about 7 and they never disappoint.

Hope this helps,

B.
Thank you so much, Brutus!
I'll go with the SOC resin.

Top Bottom