What's new

Seagull blades

Has anybody else heard of these blades? I searched the forum and found very scarce references. The only things I found is that they are carbon steel and not good.😛😀
I bought a pack of these from a guy who was selling it on the street.
I bought it purely as a novelty and for display. I do not intend to use these blades. When opening the pack I also found that one of the blade wrappers had brown staining on it, another sign of age. The wax paper on these is also different. The blades themselves(not the edges) seem to be painted or coated with something. It's like a grey layer on them.
Some images for your viewing pleasure :
IMG_20191108_131327.jpg
IMG_20191108_131347.jpg
IMG_20191108_131500.jpg
IMG_20191108_131526.jpg
IMG_20191108_131626.jpg

Anyway, just thought this would be a bit interesting.

From looking at the photos of the package, wrapper and blade, I think you decision to keep these as a novelty rather than an actual blade for shaving might be a good idea. Print quality on the box and blade, folds on the wrapper, etc. and the edge of the blade all show a lack of concern for quality.

I tried shaving with a Seagull blade years ago. It came in a pink wrapper. I’ll just say that the blade was incapable of shaving.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, interesting blade but I would give it a miss as well.

I have some that are in a red package. If I recall they are blued carbon steel. Look cool, but not good for shaving.

I have a pack of these. Way back in the last millennium I bought my first DE razor off Ebay (it turned out to be an Aristocrat Jr, so I did not too badly) and then I set myself up with blades from the local discount shop, which was a jumble of Chinese products. Seagull blades.

They were awful.

Thus I was scared off DE shaving for several years.

Are they so bad, really? I have a notion to try them again and see if they are as bad as I remember. But I am filled with dread.

Top Bottom