What's new

Score! 1960 SuperSpeed

Scored a 1960 SuperSpeed Flaretip on eBay last night. :thumbup1:

$20 delivered. Sorry if I outbid anyone.

Looks very clean, plating seems intact. My first vintage DE Razor.

Hey BowTie: How's the weather up there? I grew up in York, and my family still has a place at Pine Grove Furnace SP. I miss the mountains.

Scored a 1960 SuperSpeed Flaretip on eBay last night. :thumbup1:

$20 delivered. Sorry if I outbid anyone.

Looks very clean, plating seems intact. My first vintage DE Razor.

First of many, you can be sure. It's a disease we have. I love my vintage razors. I doubt I will ever stop looking for and buying them. Nothing made today holds a candle to the engineering and workmanship of these beauties. Welcome to B&B, Zarba!

@ Zarba: Mild today - sunny and they are saying 40's - though it still feels chilly. Nights are in the 20's - and no snow on the ground. Though if you've ever been out to the little local ski area, Ski Liberty, you'll be happy to know there's plenty of snow up on the hill. I'm just as happy for some mild temps as I have a big old house heated with expensive oil!

Awesome!!

I've bought from that eBayer a few times. His razors are always EXACTLY as described. He has great photos, and makes a point to describe any flaws, if present. I always watch for his listings and wouldn't hesitate to buy when the price is right.

I don't want to shake pom poms though. I have bought many fine safety razors from many very good people. There are so many good, honest people who bend over backwards to make people happy. It's a shame they don't get the recognition. eBay really mucked up it's feedback policy and a lot of people either don't leave feedback, or leverage it for a gain.

That razor sure is good looking, and so is the price.

That Super Speed is NICE! :thumbup:

You're in for some good shaves!!

One good tip is to look for auctions that end on a week day. They seem to go higher on the weekends.
I'm using a 54 SS. I bought it because it was made the same year I was.

Everytime I bid on vintage Gillettes the price goes toward $50 plus, whats your secret?

I always put items on watch, but I NEVER BID UNTIL THE LAST SECOND.

I've found that if I bid when an item still has days or hours to go, then the jackals come out and bid up the price.:angry:

I wait until the last 10 seconds, try to figure out what bid will clear any automatic bids (purely a guess, sometimes it works, sometimes not...), then pick a price.

On this item, I saw it at $12.50 with 1 minute to go, so I figured that they had a top bid of $14.00. So I bid $14.50. Got it for $14.05. I put my bid in with 10 seconds to go, so if I was too low, I'd lose, but if I got it right, there was no time left for anyone else to respond. :sneaky2:

I also have a price in my mind that I won't go over, so I don't get stupid. I lost one '65 SuperSpeed last week because it went over my price point.

OK,I'm an eBay geek. But most importantly, I'm just cheap.
:001_rolle

Top Bottom