What's new

Science Experiment with Hard to Lather Soaps

I am no expert, so can I ask?

Our water company says water is 7,8 dH.
dH is German Hardness.

On what scale is water 220?

220ppm (parts per million)

" a test for hard water is measured in parts per million or milligrams per liter you can take the total hardness level and divide it by 17.1 to get hardness in grains per gallon. For example if your water test shows 250 mg/L hardness you actually have 14.62 grains per gallon"

I would still love for someone with MWF to give it a go with distilled water.

I used to live in Baltimore and had hard water and a very difficult time with MWF. Distilled water solved the problem. That's my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have municipal water from wells - it's very hard. Some soaps lather OK & some don't. Long ago I tried distilled water & it makes all the difference.
Some users stomp their feet, wave their fists, and scream like little girls, "blooming" their Williams puck, soaking it during a shower & all other kinds of voodoo and incantations.
With distilled water, I just soak my brush, hake it out & swirl it on a dry Williams puck, then bowl lather like I would any other soap or cream. It's really easy and so simple a caveman can do it ...

I used to live in Baltimore and had hard water and a very difficult time with MWF. Distilled water solved the problem. That's my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I am adding MWF and distilled water to my shopping list :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With distilled water, I just soak my brush, hake it out & swirl it on a dry Williams puck, then bowl lather like I would any other soap or cream. It's really easy and so simple a caveman can do it ...

I have now added MMW and distilled water to my shopping list.

Some users stomp their feet, wave their fists, and scream like little girls, "blooming" their Williams puck, soaking it during a shower & all other kinds of voodoo and incantations.

Voodoo and incantations sounds like more fun!! :a29:

I have to deal with funky Florida swamp water that’s only gone through the city water treatment plant and can get a decent lather from MWF

wow. learning something good today. effect of water in the lathering. would have never thought. gonna try that distill idea. appreciate the wonderful input. :kyle1:

From my own experience, I haven't had any trouble with my hard water with the exception of MWF. That was solved when I got a different sample of MWF. I probably have around 50 soaps/creams/sticks (not proud though...) and I can get a great lather out of all of them.

Top Bottom