What's new

Schick M-2 Adjustable Injector Is Not Cutting

Hey Guy's,

I just picked up a Schick M-2 Adjustable Injector off Ebay. I got it cleaned up and put a new Personna Platinum Chrome in it and started shaving this morning. Guess what it won't cut my whiskers. I've tried various settings and still no go. The razor looks ok and the adjuster moves back and forth. I'm bummed out over this, any idea's?. I need your help guy's.

Clayton

Check on the under side of the handle and see if there is a sliding lever. Up is locked and you won't be able to cut anything. Move to sliding lever down and you should be good to go.

Check on the under side of the handle and see if there is a sliding lever. Up is locked and you won't be able to cut anything. Move to sliding lever down and you should be good to go.

No lever on my Schick Adjustable, thanks anyway Coventry Cowboy.

Clayton

Was there a blade in it when you got the razor? If not, the new blade will drag along the blade stops during insertion, dulling it beyond use. Cycling in a new blade would fix it.

Was there a blade in it when you got the razor? If not, the new blade will drag along the blade stops during insertion, dulling it beyond use. Cycling in a new blade would fix it.[/QUOTE/]

It had a blade in it underneath a ton of soapscum I'll try loading another blade. Is the blade supposed to rest on the blade stops?, mine is right now.

Clayton

Just be carefull inserting the new blade and watch that it does not drag across the first stop,and you will be good to go.

Well I got the new blade loaded and it slid in without touching the stops. When I pulled the injector magazine free the blade positioned itself above and just against the stops. I'll let you know how it shaves tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help guy's.

Clayton

She be cutting whiskers now guy's. The M-2 gave me a BBS two pass shave this morning. I only suffered a couple of weepers when I went against the grain around my adams apple on my neck. My neck is my problem area, but the Injector had no problem leaving me smooth even there. Once I get used to using the M-2 I shouldn't even get weepers. I'm loving this razor, it shave's much faster than a DE, not that I'm in a hurry. Thank's again for your help Guy's.

Clayton

I couldn't have solved the problem without you guy's, thanks again. I couldn't believe how well the razor shaved this morning. I did get the one weeper and some minor irritation, but hey other than that it was great. My shave will improve as I use the razor.

Clayton

Top Bottom