What's new

Schick J Type

I have my Father's Schick J type injector. Just shaved with it this morning and remembered what a light touch they need. I ended up with about four weepers but also a DFS. I know that Gems get some love here as do most DEs but what about some love for the Schick/Eversharp Injector? It was the razor I learned on and combined with a good quality soap and a little care still give a mighty good shave.

Last edited:
I have a "J" type that is marked "Schick Safety Razor." I found Schick blades at my grocery store-7 for $5. I find that it gives a good shave, but it is a little mild for my tastes requiring a fourth pass where DE is a three pass shave for me.

I have a pre WWII and post war Schick injector heading my way. And blades coming from an online vendor. These will be my first Schick injectors since I was 16 or 17. And that was when Kennedy was the Prez!

It should be fun.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I have a "J" type that is marked "Schick Safety Razor." I found Schick blades at my grocery store-7 for $5. I find that it gives a good shave, but it is a little mild for my tastes requiring a fourth pass where DE is a three pass shave for me.

There is some variation in the "bite" with the various Schicks. Generally speaking the earlier models are more aggressive. The J's are one of the mildest

I know that Gems get some love here as do most DEs but what about some love for the Schick/Eversharp Injector?

Count me in on the injector razors – and with your avatar too…:biggrin1:

I have a number of I’s, J’s, L’s, and even a couple adjustable M’s.

I get most of my blades at Amazon.com. They have the best prices that I’ve found on the Schick blades. They are made in China now, but they are very good.

. . .I know that Gems get some love here as do most DEs but what about some love for the Schick/Eversharp Injector? It was the razor I learned on and combined with a good quality soap and a little care still give a mighty good shave.

Stick around, and you'll notice plenty of injector-love threads. Right now I'm doing a DE week, but injectors are my most commonly used razors, followed by SEs. I have so many of them that I've confused myself as to which are my favorites, but the J1 is certainly a good one.

Maybe we should have a special section for injector razor aficionados.

We could call ourselves the injector razor mafia…

You don’t-a like injector razors. We break-a you face…

I have a couple of injectors picked up of the BST. the Schick Shift, and another that I am not sure what it is.
Haven't used them yet. Are they like other SE's? I now love my OCMM and MM Bullet.

I have my Father's Schick J type injector. Just shaved with it this morning and remembered what a light touch they need. I ended up with about four weepers but also a DFS. I know that Gems get some love here as do most DEs but what about some love for the Schick/Eversharp Injector? It was the razor I learned on and combined with a good quality soap and a little care still give a mighty good shave.

I also have my dad's old J type Schick injector that I had my first shave with back in the early '70s. I still like to take it out on the weekends in memory of my dad...and for a great shave!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I have a couple of injectors picked up of the BST. the Schick Shift, and another that I am not sure what it is.
Haven't used them yet. Are they like other SE's? I now love my OCMM and MM Bullet.

They are different from the GEM type SE's, at least in my hands. Both have that nice stiff edge; the injector has a blade that is just a tad narrower which helps me around the adam's apple.

Top Bottom