What's new

Schick injector VS. repeating magazine for a user that's totally blind

A quick update and a couple questions. I received two repeating C types the other day, one open and one closed comb. So far the closed comb one is the greatest thing since sliced bread; it came with the reload clip and was a cinch to load. The open comb, I like the feel of the serrated teeth on it, but the actuators are extremely stiff. I finally got the plunger opened earlier today, but the blade loading part, I've tried everything. I cleaned it in a warm water and Dawn bath in hopes of loosening it up but no dice. Is there a way to fix these, or am I screwed on the closed comb?

What problem are you having with the C type? Does it not load a new blade and push out the old one? Jammed?

Someone said new blades are thicker but I believe they are thinner and jam more easily. I free mine by rapping the handle end with a wooden spoon. I also keep mineral oil on the blades, tray, and guide rails.

What problem are you having with the C type? Does it not load a new blade and push out the old one? Jammed?

Someone said new blades are thicker but I believe they are thinner and jam more easily. I free mine by rapping the handle end with a wooden spoon. I also keep mineral oil on the blades, tray, and guide rails.
The newer blades are thinner, that's what I've always heard. I haven't yet managed to find some older blades to try, the actual magazines made for this are super expensive when I have managed to find eBay listings, which are rare indeed. The problem I'm having is with my open comb razor, the blade loading thing won't pull out so I can load the tray, or even see if it has a clip/tray in it. I can easily obtain another clip if it doesn't have one, but need to be able to check to make sure it has one for blade loading purposes. The closed comb one is great, it jams sometimes but is seasily fixed with some patience. Regarding these razors, I was wondering about restoring plating. Neither of mine are pitted or rusting in any way, but apparently do have some plating loss. I was curious if this would affect shaving in any way or if it was purely cosmetic in nature. I can have them replated innickel but wondered if it was worth or or if I should even bother doing it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
All right guys. I've been looking into different Schick injector types for a few weeks and have been a frequent lurker on B&B taking all the information in that I could. I'm totally blind and have never used an injector at all, but think it's nifty you can load and change blades without touching them. My question is, and I realize this may be difficult for people to answer, but are regular injectors or magazine repeating ones easier to inject/eject blades? The difficulty will be in looking at it from a non-visual perspective. On one hand, the magazines for the repeaters are hard to find but one can usually score some on ebay. The standard blades are easier but I'm looking at it in terms of compactness and travel options. It seems it is a self-contained system where 20 blades are stored in the handle for repeating injectors, the other way you have to make room for the container. If anyone could help me figure this out I'd greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately pictures will not help in the slightest. If it's found that magazine repeating ones aren't an easy option for loading because of me being blind, it's too complicated or whatever, which do you guys think is the easiest injector to load via the normal key system? Thanks a ton for any help.
I have 3- E2 & 1- E5 Schick razors that I bought at antique stores this year for very low cost. One of the E2 was damaged maybe by a curious kid ...... and what they did was bend the spring to possibly clean it. That one I cleaned up and made it into a swivel hinge after straightening the center catch(that was a pain in the .... with out damaging something else.) and bending the spring back to but pressure on the base plate once again. Amazing it works well and is used every Sunday from know on.
Schick swivel1.jpg
Schick swivel 2.jpg

If I were blind or of very poor eyesight I think maybe the 3 plate adjustable Supply provision injector razor would be a good system possibly to consider also because you can install the blades manually or with the injector magazine and they are made of stainless steel, MFG in Texas and will last for a long time, also would be easy to clean IMO.

Last edited:
The problem I'm having is with my open comb razor, the blade loading thing won't pull out so I can load the tray, or even see if it has a clip/tray in it.
One side injects, one side holds the tray. Does either side come out even a little when you pull on them?

Squirt mineral oil in everywhere and let it soak in. Holding the tray side up, rap the handle end with wooden spoon to settle the stack and then try to wiggle the tray side out a bit, repeat.

If you are unable to get it unstuck pm me and I'll give you my address. You can send it to me and I'll work on it for you.

ps. the plating loss won't affect the shave.

I'll do what you suggested and then PM you if it doesn't work. How do you get to the PM page, I was looking on the homepage the other day but couldn't find it. Btw, how come sometimes responses are posted without spaces between the words? Hard as hell to read with a screen reader lol. I think my response is doing the same, it's weird.

A side note, do the closed comb repeaters have serrated teeth as well? One of mine has teeth on the guard, the other doesn't. I'm trying to figure out what variations both razors are and don't know difference between the closed comb and bar guard, just that the smooth bar guard is the rarest version.

A side note, do the closed comb repeaters have serrated teeth as well? One of mine has teeth on the guard, the other doesn't. I'm trying to figure out what variations both razors are and don't know difference between the closed comb and bar guard, just that the smooth bar guard is the rarest version.
To send a pm you click on the user pic on the post and then click Start a Conversation in the window that pops up.
The following link will fill you in on Schick details and dates.
Schick Injector Razors

I've been looking into sheaths for these razors to keep them protected; I have a type B recently obtained with a sheath but unfortunately the type C won't fit into it. Does anyone know of any place that could perhaps make a custom sheath for the type C's?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I've been looking into sheaths for these razors to keep them protected; I have a type B recently obtained with a sheath but unfortunately the type C won't fit into it. Does anyone know of any place that could perhaps make a custom sheath for the type C's?
You more than likely use a pocket knife sheath with a snap clasp to protect your razor until something original comes along. Good luck and happy shaves!

Go look at a cigar store for a leather cigar tube. That might be the perfect size.

Top Bottom