What's new

Scents similar to C&E Sienna?

Okay, so I love the scent of my Sienna soap, but it can't give me nearly the shave I get from my newly acquired "high end" soaps (I swear if Tabac smelled like Sienna I'd never buy another product again).

What other soaps/ creams are in the same general ballpark scent wise? They don't have to be spot on by any means, but I have no way of articulating a smell like some of you guys can, so I'm all ears!

I agree with you about the scent of Sienna. If I were buying on scent alone it would definately be my #1 choice. I heard a rumor that C&E was going to put it back into production but that is unconfirned.

Two products that I have read here may smell similar are TOBS "Eton College" cream and The Gentlemen's Quarter "Gentlemen's Oak and Moss" soap. I haven't used either thus can't verify it myself. Maybe someone else here has tried all and can give some insight.

Ken

I have to go with MarkB on this one, the Safari and Sienna remind me of each other. Not at all alike when compared one to the other, but either one by itself will bring thoughts of the other.

It is discontinued, so you might want to get some while you still can. I found mine by doing a search on the bay and found a seller in NY (Brooklyn I believe) that had it at his store as a buy it now of something like 19.99 or best offer, and I think I got it for $10. Perhaps he would have sold it for less, but I was happy, and it is the real deal, tallow and everything.

I did notice that the first shave or two had a lot of lingering scent, so I would try it out when that would not be an issue, after that, it behaves (scentwise) a bit more normally.

YMMV

Bob

I forgot I made this thread, glad I stumbled back on it :lol:

Thanks for the input Mark and Bob, I wasn't aware Ralph Lauren even made shave soap, I'll have to look up some reviews.

Ken, I have seen a few times that Eton College is reminiscent of Sienna too. I love TOBS creams, so maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and pick some up!

Thanks for the input Mark and Bob, I wasn't aware Ralph Lauren even made shave soap, I'll have to look up some reviews.
You're welcome! It's a very good soap! I get great shaves with it. Tallow based too so there's a plus! :wink:

Top Bottom