What's new

scents for teenagers

To me Canoe smells a lot like Brut, especially when first applied, and to some extent like Pinaud Clubman. So pretty much a fougere, maybe an aromatic fougere. Maybe a bit barber-shoppy. Not as barber-shoppy as Clubman. So quite old-school.

Truly, if I wanted to know what a teenage boy should wear in a scent, I would ask a pretty teen age girl. I suspect the answer is not going to be the classics. Unless, I suppose, classic clothing is fashionable with kids these days. If they are all wearing khakis and topsiders, and button down shirts, maybe they are wearing English Leather and Brut, too.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
To me Canoe smells a lot like Brut, especially when first applied, and to some extent like Pinaud Clubman. So pretty much a fougere, maybe an aromatic fougere. Maybe a bit barber-shoppy. Not as barber-shoppy as Clubman. So quite old-school.

Truly, if I wanted to know what a teenage boy should wear in a scent, I would ask a pretty teen age girl. I suspect the answer is not going to be the classics. Unless, I suppose, classic clothing is fashionable with kids these days. If they are all wearing khakis and topsiders, and button down shirts, maybe they are wearing English Leather and Brut, too.

You might be surprised by what the youngest ladies like these days. See the comments over at the Old Man Smell thread.

While standing in a department store Christmas checkout line with Mrs. C several months back (not doing that again), a few of them behind us were interested in my English Leather. None of them had ever smelled it before. They all liked it. Obviously, their fathers had never touched the stuff -- and that was the key. They were pleasant and polite young girls of late high school age.

What the boys today like to wear I have no clue. But the kids today are not at all what we were, or the kids we raised. I was only half kidding a couple comments above. I'm so glad ours are grown up, in a good way.

a few of them behind us were interested in my English Leather.
That really makes me smile! EL was my first scent and I loved it. It would be something if leather scents were popular among the younger set. Seems to me that leather scents do not get the love these days from anyone that they deserve! I wonder if they smell "old man" to people.

You might be surprised by what the youngest ladies like these days. See the comments over at the Old Man Smell thread.
Holy Smoke, there is a lot in that thread! I will have to set aside some time to read it.

I really don’t know, but it smells good to me, kind of classic teen if that makes sense. Not modern bubble gummy scent.
Versace or Hilfiger? I cannot remember what Hilfiger smells like. I think I pretty much at least like all things Versace scent wise. I hate to admit it on some levels, but I would say that I like both Versace and Hilfiger for the reasons rappers seemed to really like them. For clothes, anyway, great mixes of the old/classic and the new, with the new usually being some urban street thing. They seemed to figure out how to be cool, to be manly. So much high fashion stuff seems distinctly neither. Anyone that can get wrappers wearing clothes based more on prep than anything else, has some cred with me. Of course they, or at least Hilfiger, had the sensitivity to recognize that khakis were as much about Dickies work cloths as they were about prep school uniforms. That the things that made Jack Purcells work, made Chucks work, too. That regimental stripes ties worked with everything and so did starched button down shirts and Lacoste shirts.

A really nice scent for young men in their late teens, and up to their late twenties, is Afnan 9PM.
Smells really nice and it's quite cheap as well.

Over time there has been any number of B&B members posting asking for suggestions for scents for teenage guys. I have absolutely not advice to give on this. But here, for easy reference, are some You Tube videos that make suggestions. I do not necessarily agree with Jeremey, but I would expect him to be more in touch with youth than most of us. I think he has a decent nose. I cannot vouch for the other guy. I would still suggest that a teenage boy ask a teenage girl about what scent to wear.

Ash from GentScents is my fragrance YouTuber of choice. Great perspectives for all age groups.

I wanted to put my 2 cents but then understood that 33 didn't count as a teenager anymore... At least I feel young :)

I was a 90s teen:
  1. Paco by Paco Rabanne
  2. Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren
  3. Blue jeans by Versace
All drowned by Lynx Africa deodorant spray.

Mix the above with Timberland boots, Rusty t-shirt, Quicksilver flannel shirt and Lee jeans and still could not get to first base.

Moral of the story, don’t let my Mum buy your wardrobe and grooming products if you want to …

Moral of the story, don’t let my Mum buy your wardrobe and grooming products if you want to …
Or one of us on this forum! All you list except the Lynx seem fine to me for, what, the 80's or so.

"If I had a dollar for every girl that I . . . . Well, I wouldn't have any money, but . . . ."

"I was a little too tall, could have used a few pounds, tight pants, points, hardly renowned . . . ."

"I check my look in the mirror
Wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face"

Top Bottom