What's new

scents for teenagers

Over time there has been any number of B&B members posting asking for suggestions for scents for teenage guys. I have absolutely not advice to give on this. But here, for easy reference, are some You Tube videos that make suggestions. I do not necessarily agree with Jeremey, but I would expect him to be more in touch with youth than most of us. I think he has a decent nose. I cannot vouch for the other guy. I would still suggest that a teenage boy ask a teenage girl about what scent to wear.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I wouldn't know where to begin. When I was a teenager I wore Trouble by Mennen, Mon Triomphe by JB Williams, kanon (which I still love), and a homemade blend of patchouli, China Rain, ambergris, and white musk essential oils. No two batches were the same.

Different world in 1973.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm just guessing, but most teenagers will find their own stuff, and might probably resent old guys discussing their choices. I do recall a trip to the May Company to buy a small bottle of English Leather ..

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Perhaps times have changed. But I always considered Canoe a good first choice for a young man just starting to notice the skirts.

Attractive to the young ladies, but not too aggressive.

Perhaps times have changed. But I always considered Canoe a good first choice for a young man just starting to notice the skirts.

Attractive to the young ladies, but not too aggressive.
I like Canoe fine. I suspect that times have changed, though. I am old now and times always seem to change!

I agree re anything but AXE.
and might probably resent old guys discussing their choices.
That is probably true!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I like Canoe fine. I suspect that times have changed, though. I am old now and times always seem to change!

I agree re anything but AXE.

That is probably true!
I understand. Every generation must reinvent the wheel.

Then after about 25 years, they discover that their father’s and grandfather’s wheels were pretty nicely rounded to begin with, and get miffed that their youngsters don’t appreciate theirs.

If you don't want your kid to get "you smell like my dad" or "you smell like my grandpa" comments, they need to be wearing something that's come out in the last 20 years. I wore Calvin Klein Eternity in high school, in the late 2000s, so it was 20 years old, and I got compliments. I also wore Jovan because it was cheap, and I got "you smell like my dad".... from my teachers. You don't want that. Even something like Nautica Voyage will smell good to most young people, it's cheap. Maybe if you want to spend a little bit more, something like Versace Eros, Paco Rabanne's Invictus, those are really solid for a teenager. I wouldn't get them something from the 90s because you wore it, because he's probably going to get teased and resent the fragrance and you've wasted whatever money you've spent on it.

Allow your kid to be a kid, kids are gonna want to wear sweet fragrances that you might not like, and that's okay. Don't force your dad fragrances on them, please.

lasta

Blade Biter
Early teens or late teens? I get an unusual amount of compliments about Roma Uomo (Laura Biagiotti) from kids working at checkouts...

Kouros comes second, but that's like the Arko! of fragrance enthusiasts, doesn't exactly exemplify youth.

I get an unusual amount of compliments about Roma Uomo (Laura Biagiotti) from kids working at checkouts...
I never would have guessed that one. An unusual scent to me. I own it, but I am not sure I really pull it off. Do you think "kids" would actually wear it?

Kouros is great, even in its modern, rather dumbed down style. That would be one I would have no idea whether young people would like.

Many of the fragrances in goofy bottles tend to be good for teenagers IMO…

Phantom…
1680023458219.jpeg

Invictus…

1680023490713.jpeg

1 Million…

1680023559100.jpeg

Toy Boy…

1680023591506.jpeg

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Many of the fragrances in goofy bottles tend to be good for teenagers IMO…

Phantom…
View attachment 1628475
Invictus…

View attachment 1628476
1 Million…

View attachment 1628477
Toy Boy…

View attachment 1628478

To be bloody honest ... as long as they don't smell of BO, know the difference between a comb and a garden rake, and keep their pants pulled up, I don't care too much how they smell in this day and age. And from what I see out there, that's increasingly a tall order.

Top Bottom