What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purrfumery.com

proxy.php

Josh: This unique luxury collection contains a 250ML Tuscan Leather decanter, 100ML Tuscan Leather spray, Tuscan Leather scented candle, Private Blend atomizer and funnel on a collectible Private Blend Makassar style tray

SIR - Canada Cedar

A nice, light cedar fragrance that is refreshing. Opens like a true 70's or 80's powerhouse, but quickly reigns itself in and settles into a pleasant skin scent.

Guerlain - Red Jacket

In honor of the Feb spotlights, I'm going through my stuff and wearing leather notes daily until I've run them through, starting with this one today. Not sure what all I've got that fits the bill, which is kind of why I'm doing this. Kind of like a fun inventory. I'm hoping I have the stomache to pull out the Knize 10 tomorrow.

MPG "Cuir Fetiche"--marketed as a feminine I read on-line. MPG does very little wrong ever to me. A nice, rather soft leather with a number of other things going on. Does not seem groundbreaking. Those who adore Dior "Leather Oud" are probably not going to be taken with this one. Not as a leather anyway. Glad to see MPG at work on new frags though.

Oud Kampuchea
by Agar Aura

This confirms my preference for Cambodi ouds over Borneo or Indian (so far). A rather hasty statement for sure, given that I need to try other distributors and distillations still. Initially I didn't think the fruity notes of Cambodian ouds would appeal to me but they are what give them so much character. The description for this one includes words like "lively" and "bright," similar to the description for Borneo Symphony. However, they are completely different in that Kampuchea is less vapory, has more depth, perhaps a bit more leathery. Interestingly - and lucky for me - Cambodi ouds are generally cheaper than either Indian or Borneo ouds. Of the four ouds I tried this week, I liked the Cambodian best and it was the cheapest. Of the mukhallats I tried last week, I liked the ones with Cambodian ouds best, too.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Main Accords: earthy, citrus, woody, green, herbal

Right off the bat this frag starts out a little powdery, but the vetiver works hard to keep it somewhat in check for 4-6 hours. Eventually the vetiver loses out and I am left gagging over the powdery notes. I can't believe that people list this frag as representative of a good vetiver when it is supposed to be a frag for men. Maybe it would make a good vetiver frag for women, but it is way too feminine for me.

Last edited:
wearing this after my nightly shower...the opening was love at first sniff. citrusy vetiver, YES YES YES. with some cedar? oh god yes.
the drydown is like a weak encre noir

proxy.php

Main Accords: earthy, citrus, woody, green, herbal

Right off the bat this frag starts out a little powdery, but the vetiver works hard to keep it somewhat in check for 4-6 hours. Eventually the vetiver loses out and I am left gagging over the powdery notes. I can't believe that people list this frag as representative of a good vetiver when it is supposed to be a frag for men. Maybe it would make a good vetiver frag for women, but it is way too feminine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom