What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Nasturgia? Sounds like something that happens to you after a shock, or the name of an imaginary eastern Slavic country.

- "He is in the state of Nasturgia right now!"
- "Oh, my! Will he be OK?"

proxy.php

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Parfum d'Habit

And for this evening's perfume...
$GivenchyPIset.jpg

I've only of late started to buy *** that match my EDTs. Pi, Givenchy Gentleman, Givenchy Insense, RL Safari, et al... I am enjoying them greatly!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: Fresh Spicy, Herbal, Earthy, Mossy, Floral

Top: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Basil
Middle: Fern, Carnation, Geranium
Base: Oakmoss, Musk, Patchouli

I see the main accord is Fresh Spicy, but I see no spices listed in the notes. I get a strong pepper note which I really enjoy in a frag. Along with the pepper, the fern and carnation are quite pronounced which amounts to a spicy boquet of flowers. Even though I think this is a really nice smelling frag, I do not think this one is appropriate for an office setting. It could be a very nice frag to wear for occassions which include boquets of flowers such as weddings and funerals.

Wild Fern Week
Geo. F. Trumper Wild Fern (1877) - Monday
Penhaligon's English Fern (1890) - Tuesday
Olympic Orchids Olympic Rainforest (2010) - Wednesday
Slumberhouse Norne (2012) - Thursday
Nina Ricci Signoricci (vintage 1965) - Friday

Last edited:
Nice, David! How are you enjoying it?
Josh, I was lucky enough to receive an 8ml sample of the Santal Massoia along with a Hermes order. Until a few months ago, I would never have looked at a santal/vetiver fragrance, my preference always having been for citrus and the more "scenty". All I can say is that I LOVE this Santal Massoia and the "milky" wood scent it has. It also has great longevity on me-a little goes a long way which at £150 for a 100ml bottle is most welcome. My sample has one application left I would say, and yes, I will be buying the full bottle.

Saturday: doesn't matter. We went to Universal Studios, and it was painfully hot so anything I wore would have sweated off...at least until the monsoon rains came which would have washed anything off
Sunday: Aventus. My kids threw me a little birthday party and then I went to spend some time with my lady friend. All in all, a great birthday weekend.
Monday: Nothing. Giving myself a break from just about everything today.

Penhaligon's Sartorial

For some reason I've fallen out of love with this one. Guess I'll have to put it away for awhile and revisit after a season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom