What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slumberhouse Ore. I had been hoarding my last precious drops of it, but figured that's just foolish. Warm and delicious. Wish I could get my hands on more. I'm hoping for an eBay miracle.

proxy.php

Guerlain Derby (Vintage)

Don Corleone
by La Via del Profumo
Profumo.it

tuberose, vanilla, tobacco

I actually get a little bit of citrus in this, which might actually be the tuberose, but I get very little of the tobacco, which is disappointing. The overall effect is something akin to a lemon cooler cookie (am I showing my age? anyone remember those?) but not as sweet. To me, the opening blast is the best part: vanilla extract. But after what must be the tuberose takes over and largely snuffs out the tobacco. Maybe it's just me and my impressions of tobacco because this isn't the first time this has happened that I largely miss the tobacco note in a fragrance. I guess my main point is that I don't get much of a machismo as I would have expected but after reading the Profumo.it website for this fragrance I see that it was designed to be "in line with their passion for pastries, sweets and chocolates, but it also denotes a very strong sentimental attachment of the mother, the need to be comforted and of tenderness." I suppose it's easy to be disappointed when you have completely different expectations. Don Corleone reminds me of something I've smelled from Dawn Spencer Hurwitz or Soivohle (or both) but I can't put my finger on it. Longevity on this is mediocre and sillage is moderate at best.

proxy.php

Aramis
proxy.php

Havanna (Vintage)​

What is your verdict on this one, Bill my man?

For me today, Lubin Vetyver. Going through some samples I have had for awhile. This one seemed to be labeled Lubin "CR Vetiver." I wonder if this is vintage. I have tried Lubin Vetyver not so long ago and was not as impressed as I am with this sample. Very nice core vetiver with some other things going on, but nothing over shadows the vet.

Ormonde Man- first decant arrived smashed- and i didn't care for the scent wafting around. A new decant arrived today, and after applying I like it very much. It also lasted a very long time- something i really do appreciate in a frag!

Ormonde Man- first decant arrived smashed- and i didn't care for the scent wafting around. A new decant arrived today, and after applying I like it very much. It also lasted a very long time- something i really do appreciate in a frag!

Yep, it's one of my favorites. :thumbup1:

I've had the urge to wear this one lately, Randy. But it's been so hot here I've stayed away. Might have to give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

It was in the 80's here today, James, but I wasn't outdoors too much. I did enjoy this one today, even when I was running errands outside at noon.

It was in the 80's here today, James, but I wasn't outdoors too much. I did enjoy this one today, even when I was running errands outside at noon.

That's about the same weather I'm having and I'll probably be mostly indoors tomorrow. I think I'm going to do it. :shifty:

proxy.php

Main Accords: Earthy, Woody, Citrus, Green, Warm Spicy

Notes: Vetiver, Orange flower, Grapefruit, Aromatic sage, Orris, Nutmeg, Pimento, Amber woods, Oak moss

"My signature scent" if there is such a thing since I can't even remember the last time that I wore it - too many other frags to sample. Grey Vetiver may not have the earthiness of some of the other vetivers, but the vetiver is very pronounced throughout it's longevity. Mona di Orio Nombres d'Or Vetyver may be the most balanced vetiver I have experienced, but it does not have the spiciness of Grey Vetiver and it was that spiciness of Grey Vetiver which first piqued my interest in vetivers. I like the spiciness which pepper brings and even though Grey Vetiver may not be as peppery as Montale's Red Vetiver, after 3-4 hours Montale turns into a powdery nightmare. I guess that is why I chose Grey Vetiver as my signature scent, in addition to it's spiciness, the vetiver is pronounced and from start to finish it remains an appealing frag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom