What's new

Saponificio Varesino Turned into a gel block?

My SV 70th anniversary edition aftershave turned from a liquid into a gel block inside the bottle. Anyone else have this happen? Right now its simply a photo prop for my straight razor photos.

I purchased this last year direct from SV and used it once. Packed it for a move from SoCal to Texas in January ...I figure the cold conditions in the moving truck triggered the change.

Sorry I forgot to attach the picture, because everyone loves pictures! The what little liquid remains is clear and I assume its alcohol.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 110
My SV 70th anniversary edition aftershave turned from a liquid into a gel block inside the bottle. Anyone else have this happen? Right now its simply a photo prop for my straight razor photos.

I purchased this last year direct from SV and used it once. Packed it for a move from SoCal to Texas in January ...I figure the cold conditions in the moving truck triggered the change.

Contact them they did have a bad batch not so long back and yours could be one of them

Thanks for the ideas guys, its mostly a photo prop now and sits in my corner display case.

Same thing just happened to mine. It's been sitting on the shelf for a few months and I just pulled it down to use it and found a nice cube surrounded by a little liquid. Kind of cool to look at but not usable anymore. I emailed SV and am waiting for a reply.

Mine has just started..I got it for Christmas last year. It is now very cloudy with some sediments on the bottom of the glass. The sediments were gone after a vigorous shaking of the bottle. But is more cloudy now...
I think I'll have to use it fast..

I heard back from SV. They asked for a photo of the bottle so I sent that. They responded quickly saying they would ship me a new bottle. Problem solved. Tip of the hat to SV for the quick resolution.

They have had variable batches. Mine is about a year old and is fine - it does need a good shake but then it always has. Lovely scent in warmer weather and has good longevity on me.

Top Bottom