What's new

Saponificio Varesino shave brush help.

This brush really has my interest, but I don’t know much about it. I would really appreciate any comments, good or bad, to help guide me.

One question would be if they have gel tips. If so I would probably pass.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wonderful brush with a fantastic hand tied knot.
20201225_114859~2.jpg
20201225_114354~2.jpg
image.jpg

Saponifcio Varesino Custom LE, Golden Pewter Crown, Olive Wood Handle (Hand-tied 30mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot). :001_wub:

Like any custom brush maker, the knots used and their characteristics vary by lot, sometimes even brush to brush.

SV brushes, from what I’ve seen, do not come with gel tips. You might be able to get it to that point with a lot of treatment but I don’t think they would get there any time soon.

I also am fortunate to have a custom olive wood HMMWB...even after a serious pre-use break-in and a good number of uses, the tips are decently soft, with some scrub toward the center of the knot, and still a bit of backbone. Feels pretty nice lathering up with that giant poof on the face!

I’d say to go for one of you get the chance. It’s worth having an SV brush representative in the den!

225FACEA-9336-43FE-B2F9-791D25B4611A.jpeg

I own one, and until recently it was my daily driver (replaced by a much more expensive custom artisan brush). The knot is great for face lathering in particular with medium backbone and relatively soft non-gelled tips with little to no scritch. I had an issue where the knot fell out of the handle a few months of use in and I had to glue it back, but other than that, both handle (mine is Macassar Ebony) and knot are superb, and would be my first choice to buy again in its price range. Definitely recommended.

Thank you all for your help. I was able to order the Ebony handle with the Pure Pewter band from The Razor Company. They had this in stock and at a very good price. Can't wait to try it out.

This is an excellent brush which was really great from the start and continues to get better. Very soft but good backbone, wonderful for face lathering. Luxury experience. Not one hair shed, unlike another certain luxury brush I had. BIG,! And jot too dense, holds lots of lather, but releases it with ease. One of life's great pleasure.

Top Bottom