What's new

Santa Delivers - Mystic Water Samples

I spent a lot (really too much) time trying to decide what artisan soaps to sample, so I didn't get an order in until this Monday. After reading the forums and reviews, I decided to go with a sample of 6 scents from Mystic Water Soaps, expecting they might get here to California after Christmas sometime. Well, I saw the postman stick a manilla envelope in the mailbox this afternoon and thought that could be them. Sure enough there they were, a gift on Christmas eve and something new to try on Christmas day. They are a nice size and smell great, and I'm looking forward to trying them out. I think I'll start with the Cedar & Sage, but also have the Brown Windsor, Maestrale, Lilly of the Valley, Rosalimone, and Marrakesh.

Used the Cedar & Sage this Christmas morning with my EJ89 and Omega 49 brush. This is a good brush for lathering, and I decided to use distilled water in case there would be a problem. Not to worry, wrung out the brush & loaded for about 30 sec and then face lathered. Plenty of lather for 3+ passes. Very nice scent, more pronounced than the Straight Razors Designs samples I've been using. Woodsy with a touch of floral. DFS. Merry Christmas to me! Tomorrow I'll try it with tap water (pretty hard) and Plisson synth brush.

Good job on the first lather - some have problems lathering MW. Michelle makes a great soap and the post shave feel is among the top contenders. Enjoy the scents!

Top Bottom