What's new

Forgive me brethren part 2 - PIF

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm in! Very generous and interesting PIF! Something unique about me is that my eyes view everything in slightly different cast. My left eye sees the world in slightly cooler tones than my right eye.
I see in black and white in my left eye, and HD in my right! Cost me $6,000,000 but at least I got a TV show out of it in the 70's and was married to Farrah Fawcett for awhile!

True story doggone.

I'm in. Great PIF! Thank you.

I drink 4 liters of water daily. That's about 135 fluid ounces or eight 16.9 ounce water bottles. Being well hydrated by drinking water throughout the day helps my skin remain moist and not dry, itchy & irritated. I use witch hazel or alcohol based aftershave and always finish with a moisturizing balm to re-hydrate my skin.

FarmerTan

Wonderful PIF, thank you for your generosity. Respectfully, not in. But since everyone is craving more information about me, here’s a bit that will get me into who’s who: I’ve had a meal with @FarmerTan! I bet no one can top that!
Well, that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee!

Oh, bad coffee, anyhow!

Razorock Puros – lathered twice off the top. I had hoped it would smell like the tobacco I worked in as a kid. It doesn’t

If you want the tobacco flower smell that comes from tops, try TSE Texas Leather. Smells just like tobacco flower. Nothing at all like cured tobacco, but yeah the scent will bring you back to days of topping and suckering, without the gummy tar hands you get after a few hours of doing it.

Oh and not in, but great PIF!

If you want the tobacco flower smell that comes from tops, try TSE Texas Leather. Smells just like tobacco flower. Nothing at all like cured tobacco, but yeah the scent will bring you back to days of topping and suckering, without the gummy tar hands you get after a few hours of doing it.

Oh and not in, but great PIF!
Actually I'm going for the small of raw cured tobacco. As for green plant smell, id like to find one that smells of tomato leaves. A very distinct and evocative smell for me. We raised and sold tomatoes throughout my childhood. I didn't work in tobacco until highschool and later.

Actually I'm going for the small of raw cured tobacco. As for green plant smell, id like to find one that smells of tomato leaves. A very distinct and evocative smell for me. We raised and sold tomatoes throughout my childhood. I didn't work in tobacco until highschool and later.

I was thinking of this yesterday after guiding some of my tomato leaves up through the rungs of a cage. It's so pleasant, I love that smell!

FarmerTan

I love tomatoes, eating and growing.....but I think the ONLY critter that should smell like tomato leaves is a tomato worm doggone!

If you find something that approaches the scent of cured tobacco please let me know. Closest I've found is Sherlock by chiseled face, and then only hints of it in the maze of other scents.

If you find something that approaches the scent of cured tobacco please let me know. Closest I've found is Sherlock by chiseled face, and then only hints of it in the maze of other scents.
a while back sanookd suggested Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber was recommended as "reminiscent of the scent of Tobacco Leaf curing in barns in Tennessee." I haven't tracked it down yet though.

FarmerTan

Oh god, jut the thought of those things makes me shiver! So big and nasty looking. Did i say big? Yikes!
Man, one time years ago I was out picking tomatoes and I actually had good hearing back then. Anyway, I heard this almost cartoonish crunching noise. So I went looking..... And yep, you guessed it, a tomato worm, horns big enough to lasso doggone! I almost wet myself in fear! No lie, if I'd been carrying I'd a shot that dude! But no, I screwed up my courage and grabbed him bare handed, he looked at me with pure hate, I threw him on the ground, and to this day I can remember the "scrunch" I heard and felt through the sole of my shoe!

Man, one time years ago I was out picking tomatoes and I actually had good hearing back then. Anyway, I heard this almost cartoonish crunching noise. So I went looking..... And yep, you guessed it, a tomato worm, horns big enough to lasso doggone! I almost wet myself in fear! No lie, if I'd been carrying I'd a shot that dude! But no, I screwed up my courage and grabbed him bare handed, he looked at me with pure hate, I threw him on the ground, and to this day I can remember the "scrunch" I heard and felt through the sole of my shoe!
You should've taken it fishing instead. 😁

Top Bottom