What's new

Salad dressing aftershaves

Just wondering what everyone has found for “salad dressing” style after shaves. By that I mean aftershaves that separate into layers in the bottle and you have to shake prior to use. (Nivea 2 phase, etc)

I have had good luck with this style and would like to find a few more.

Any advice helps.

Just wondering what everyone has found for “salad dressing” style after shaves. By that I mean aftershaves that separate into layers in the bottle and you have to shake prior to use. (Nivea 2 phase, etc)

I have had good luck with this style and would like to find a few more.

Any advice helps.
Ogallala Bay Rums are very much like this. If you don't shake...you may regret it! Ha!

Good to know about Ogallala. I have found this type of aftershave to de really good.

Something about emulsifying the oils by shaking it seems to keep more high quality oils in the product rather than having chemical stabilizers. Idk I am not a chemist.

I've never tried your Nivea, but have a few vintage aftershaves that show 'separation' over time.
The really old Yardley and Aqua Velva aftershaves will show a slight oil layer on top and require a shake.
The old Michelsen bay rum will separate and need agitation; the Krampert's bay rum also, and it actually recommends shaking before use.

Otherwise, I can't say that the 'salad dressing' properties either enhances or detracts from the products; they're just old, fun, feel good and fun to use!

old aftershaves.jpg

I've never tried your Nivea, but have a few vintage aftershaves that show 'separation' over time.
The really old Yardley and Aqua Velva aftershaves will show a slight oil layer on top and require a shake.
The old Michelsen bay rum will separate and need agitation; the Krampert's bay rum also, and it actually recommends shaking before use.

Otherwise, I can't say that the 'salad dressing' properties either enhances or detracts from the products; they're just old, fun, feel good and fun to use!

View attachment 1466018
Holy cow! I haven’t seen Michelsen bay rum since I was a kid. I had forgotten all about it. Well done!

Top Bottom