What's new

Sacre Bleu, it's Sacre Coeur. Making ivory scales

It's a bit humbling to see work done that even if you miraculously attained the skill to perform yourself for no time or effort investment, you'd probably be too impatient or lazy to make use of it.

Beautiful scales.

Amazing work for someone who is lazy.
Cannot imagine the results if you stepped up and got to work.

Beautiful work once again.
Myron

Oh my!!! I hope that one day I will be as 'LAZY' as you. Simply beautiful work. The pic with the 4 or 5 different razors is just about too much eye candy in one pic.

BRAVO!!!

Awesome work, and thanks a million for documenting and sharing your "how to" as well.

Beautiful stuff!!!!

If you're lazy then I must be dead.

Nice work.
Nice. Uhm..no, not just nice.
Amazingly nice. Amazingly great. Something like that. More than that though.

Well, lazy or just goofy !
waiting for dinner I started scrimshawing a Bic lighter. Hey, it's practice. If I can scratch the surface I can lay on a design. Nothing like a customized Bic lighter with a sailing ship on it. Nothing is safe within my reach.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 110
Do you mind if I leave some sperm whale teeth laying around your house, within reach?

awesome 'practice' results on the lighter-I like the waves.

No, not at all! I'm sure they will be better than a lighter! Maybe waiting for dinner tonight I'll play with it some more. By the time it's done the lighter will be empty and I can toss it away.

For just doing this without a reference it's not looking too bad! LOL

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 99
Fantastic! I can't help thinking that this is something someone would do if they were stuck on such a ship...or in a prison.

No offence meant by the above. Its beautiful work.

HaHa! None taken.
But that ( stuck on a ship) is where scrimshaw originated.
And as to a prison ,,, where do you think I am? OK, some call it a wood shop but it feels at times like a prison. I get a little yard time, eat, and right back in I go .

HaHa! None taken.
But that ( stuck on a ship) is where scrimshaw originated.
And as to a prison ,,, where do you think I am? OK, some call it a wood shop but it feels at times like a prison. I get a little yard time, eat, and right back in I go .
Yes, I figured as much for the origination of scrimshaw. My uncle was a prison guard and occasionally was gifted items crafted by inmates. Things like wallets made out of folded and then woven pieces of Salem cigarette packages.

Wow, just wow. Absolutely beautiful. And then you show off all the ivory goodness you've done. I am just awed by your talent sir.

Top Bottom