What's new

RV’ers here?

I used to camp quite regularly. The last camper was a 26' travel trailer. As the kids grew, we found camping competing with their part time jobs and decided to put a pause on it, selling the camper. We plan on getting back to it in a couple more years. Our favor place we have camped is Smith Mountain Lake state campground in Virginia. Up here, NY, we like the state campgrounds. We avoid the parking lot look of some of the private campgrounds.

I have been camping most of my life. I spend several weeks in my travel trailer a year. I have only camped on the East Coast. I have camped in New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Some of the best camping is in the southwestern part of Virginia in state parks and National forest campgrounds.

Sometimes, we just like to travel. We will hit the road with no destination in mind and just head in a direction. We find somewhere to stay mid to late afternoon, unhitch, see the sights, then pull out the next morning on to the next place. I have done that and stayed in towns and campgrounds with names I can't recall.

Last edited:
Pop up camper here. Wife, son and I spend about -5 weeks a year in it. State parks in Michigan are our favorites. Too many to name but Wilderness State Park up by the Mackinaw bridge is a favorite.

Attachments

• 1637111623008.jpeg
    1637111623008.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
I'd certainly consider getting one when we are retired - not much call for them in Singapore but being able to buzz off around Europe is an attractive prospect. Our friends in France have one and spent most of the summer and up to last month at various sites around central France. They finally spent 2 weeks on the Ile de Re off the cost near La Rochelle and tortured me by sending daily pictures!

Top Bottom