What's new

Rugby 2019

It is the most competitive WC ever IMO and will be a close affair throughout. Already some big upsets...
Springbok fan here.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
While the AB's beat Canada by a good margin, I think Canada played well and with great heart.
They came oh so close to a try and kept the AB's scoreless for the last 20 minutes.

Well AB over Canada wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was afraid the AB were going to set a scoring record. Well fought Canada

The competition still hasn't really caught fire for me yet, but good to see Japan doing so well. I fear England haven't been properly tested yet, and I hope it doesn't bite them when they are.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Gutted.
Super Typhoon Hagibis, which is set to batter Yokohama and nearby Tokyo with 270kmh / 167 mph winds, has resulted in two games being cancelled.
While it's disappointing to miss a couple of games, I hope the wind abates for the locals sake.

I was looking forward to watching the All Blacks game against Italy but that is one of the cancelled games.
France v England in Yokohama has also been cancelled.
Cancelled games are regarded as scoreless draws with both teams taking two points.

Scotland's decider against Japan is expected to go ahead, so here's hoping that remains like that. I'm looking forward to watching that match.

That Japan vs Scotland match was really something. I'm sad to see Scotland go out, but even more happy to see Japan progress. A very well disciplined, tight, precise and fit team, yet also with creativity, What's not to like?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It's good to see Japan advance through the round. As well as they have played, I don't see them beating South Africa.

My picks for the quarter finals,

England to beat Australia
NZ to beat Ireland
Wales to beat France.
South Africa to beat Japan.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm not all that surprised, as the AB's have had some inconsistent form this year.
A solid game played by England and well deserved win.

England looked very powerful to me. It's not often you see the ABs so completely frustrated and lacking in ideas. Can't see the Boks living with England if they produce that intensity again.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Hopefully it won’t be a one sided affair. A really good close game would be great end to the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

Well I sure didn't see that ending coming. I would have bet good money on the Lions to win. Congratulations South Africa

Top Bottom