What's new

Royall Lyme Scent in a Cream (Or Soap)?

I really like the Royall Lyme AS splash and used it for years - until I noticed something different, did a little Googling and found out it is now made in New Jersey (or somewhere in the US).

For those familiar with the scent when it was made in Bermuda, are there any creams (or soaps) that have a similar scent?

Welcome to B&B, Sir MtView!

just about every shave product sees formula changes over time!
And many will just have scent changes with age.

You’re lucky to have lots of great lime choices!
my suggest is to do some explorig!
Have fun!

Thank you for the welcome!

I was hoping that someone with a more refined sense of fragrances than I have (which is just about everyone) could point me in the right direction for something similar in a shaving cream or soap pre-formula change.

I don't think it was a tart lime, but was it a sweet lime? I'm already stuck :).

the only royal lime scent i fount in a soap is the royal lime soap, but this is not a shave soap. the closest royal lime scent i found in a shave soap is sebum-gold lime. which was round 65 but really it should be around 20.

It's difficult to find an exact match, but I can think of a shaving cream that might work. The fragrance is based on essential oils, and the scent does not linger. It is a sweet lime type scent with natural ingredients.

Ingredients: Aqua, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Allantoin, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana (Arnica) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Root Extract, Equisetum Hyemale (Horsetail) Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Saponaria Officinalis (Soapwort) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinalis (Watercress) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose.​
What is this mystery shaving cream?
1592647942327.png

Available at some Whole Foods Markets and supermarkets for around $8 to $10 for 11 ounces. Best used with a damp shaving brush.

Last edited:
Royall Lyme makes a brushless shaving cream that matches the scent of the aftershave. I used the old aftershave version years ago and have also tried the newer incarnation. Both seem to smell the same to me, though the older version may have been a bit stronger.

the only royal lime scent i fount in a soap is the royal lime soap, but this is not a shave soap. the closest royal lime scent i found in a shave soap is sebum-gold lime. which was round 65 but really it should be around 20.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction. Sebum-gold sounds like it's a little pricey for my lime quest.

It's difficult to find an exact match, but I can think of a shaving cream that might work. The fragrance is based on essential oils, and the scent does not linger. It is a sweet lime type scent with natural ingredients.
View attachment 1115406

Available at some Whole Foods Markets and supermarkets for around $8 to $10 for 11 ounces. Best used with a damp shaving brush.

I have never tried a KMF, but it seems to be well-liked. I'll see if I can find any.

Royall Lyme makes a brushless shaving cream that matches the scent of the aftershave. I used the old aftershave version years ago and have also tried the newer incarnation. Both seem to smell the same to me, though the older version may have been a bit stronger.

I saw this cream and didn't realize it was brushless. I'm trying to find a lime sent that lingers a little between the soap and AS. That may be a tall order.

Top Bottom