What's new

Royall fragrances!

I just happened to be on the Brooks Brothers site and found, for the first time EVER the listing for what is in Royal Scents!

Royall Muske Cologne:
Top notes: bay rum, bergamot, clove, orange.
Middle notes: cinnamon leaves, fougere, nutmeg.
Base notes: cedarwood, musk, patchouli.

Royall Mandarin:
Top notes: mandarin, naval orange, crisp aldehydes.
Middle notes: orange blossom, neroli, tonka bean.
Base notes: patchouli, dark woods, musk.

Royall Spyce:
Top notes: pimento, lemon, black peppercorn.
Middle notes: nutmeg, ylang-ylang, cinnamon leaf.
Base notes: amber, mysterious woods, musk.
Royall Rugby:
Notes: Bitter orange, grapefruit rind, black peppercorn, vetiver roots, earthy patchouli, cedarwood.
Royall Bay Rhum:
Top notes: bay leaves, star anise.
Middle notes: clove bud, nutmeg.
Base notes: rum, aged wood, musk.

This is the first time I have ever seen a listing for all the top, middle and bottom notes of Royall products! Enjoy!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I constantly trash all the sake email i get from BB but im going to pay more attention assuming there is some applicable sale. I snorted the testers in the store but the price point made me hesitate

I constantly trash all the sake email i get from BB but im going to pay more attention assuming there is some applicable sale. I snorted the testers in the store but the price point made me hesitate

Indeed, the BB Royall price points are outrageous!

La savonniere du moulin simpson jubilee thiers issard crown wing royall spyce november 21 2015.jpg

They really aren't that expensive compared to other brands like Penhaligon's whose average price for a 50 ml (1.69 oz.) and 100 ml (3.38 oz.) is double or triple the price and Royall products are sold in 4 oz. and 8 oz. sizes and the 4 oz. size is either $52 or $55 at Brooks Brothers! Obviously, you can get them online for less as I purchased 2 8 oz. bottles of Royall Muske for about $46 including shipping although it was $36 for 2 8 oz. bottles 2 years ago (without shipping)! Brooks Brothers also does have them on sale from time to time ! Also, for me the scent lasts of every Royall cologne I have tried. I smell my wrists the next morning and I can still smell the scent!

They really aren't that expensive compared to other brands like Penhaligon's whose average price for a 50 ml (1.69 oz.) and 100 ml (3.38 oz.) is double or triple the price and Royall products are sold in 4 oz. and 8 oz. sizes and the 4 oz. size is either $52 or $55 at Brooks Brothers! Obviously, you can get them online for less as I purchased 2 8 oz. bottles of Royall Muske for about $46 including shipping although it was $36 for 2 8 oz. bottles 2 years ago (without shipping)! Brooks Brothers also does have them on sale from time to time ! Also, for me the scent lasts of every Royall cologne I have tried. I smell my wrists the next morning and I can still smell the scent!

True!

Although the Pens frags are far more complex than any Royall, imho!

True, but that would be some of them but not all of them. Some of Penhaligon's traditional scents actually don't have that many notes but perhaps they are a bit more "refined" than Royall but they each have their own market and Royall would be considered exclusive to men and contain decidedly masculine notes whereas Penhaligon's focuses perhaps more on the women's market than the men's and their men's scents have a wider range of notes that appeal more to everyone. Either way, I have an appreciation for both and what they bring to us and now I know a little bit more about them, after seeing these lists of notes from top to bottom!

True, but that would be some of them but not all of them. Some of Penhaligon's traditional scents actually don't have that many notes but perhaps they are a bit more "refined" than Royall but they each have their own market and Royall would be considered exclusive to men and contain decidedly masculine notes whereas Penhaligon's focuses perhaps more on the women's market than the men's and their men's scents have a wider range of notes that appeal more to everyone. Either way, I have an appreciation for both and what they bring to us and now I know a little bit more about them, after seeing these lists of notes from top to bottom!

Exactly as you said!

Have a bottle of Royall Rugby I picked up from Maggards a while back. The scent is amazing! Has a fresh vetiver citrus scent and pretty decent longevity. One thing that is a bit annoying is the crown cap doesn't fit on the bottle once you put the sprayer on, no big deal, but is a bit difficult when taking SOTD pics. The bottle is elegant and should last a long time, use Rugby quite often to freshen up and have barely put a dent in it yet.

Have a bottle of Royall Rugby I picked up from Maggards a while back. The scent is amazing! Has a fresh vetiver citrus scent and pretty decent longevity. One thing that is a bit annoying is the crown cap doesn't fit on the bottle once you put the sprayer on, no big deal, but is a bit difficult when taking SOTD pics. The bottle is elegant and should last a long time, use Rugby quite often to freshen up and have barely put a dent in it yet.
I hate to say it but I have a bottle of Royall Rugby that I got a few years ago and I still haven't opened it yet! I remember taking a whiff of it at "Brooks Brothers" then deciding later on that I wanted to try it and bought it online. I really like every scent that I have smelled of theirs and feel that their "manly" fragrances really suit me so I will keep them in my collection. I just checked and I have Mandarin, Lyme, Muske, Vetiver in 8 oz. containers and the Rugby in a 4 oz. container in my cabinet and two 8 oz. bottles of Muske sitting on my printer in my office! Oh my! :001_wub:

I hate to say it but I have a bottle of Royall Rugby that I got a few years ago and I still haven't opened it yet! I remember taking a whiff of it at "Brooks Brothers" then deciding later on that I wanted to try it and bought it online. I really like every scent that I have smelled of theirs and feel that their "manly" fragrances really suit me so I will keep them in my collection. I just checked and I have Mandarin, Lyme, Muske, Vetiver in 8 oz. containers and the Rugby in a 4 oz. container in my cabinet and two 8 oz. bottles of Muske sitting on my printer in my office! Oh my! :001_wub:

Wow! You sir get the crown, Thats one heck of a "Royall" collection. Rugby is a nice clean citrus vetiver scent, since you have a bottle on hand you really should give it a shot. Smells amazing!

Top Bottom